Model 100 Bugatti Racer

18 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Looks great Stuart. I really like these esoteric subjects you sometimes choose!

Cheers Terry. Sometimes you've just got to build the odd oddball.

18 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ooo what a lovely pair of Bugattis.  Great work  Stuart.  I love the exotic look of both.

Thanks Chris.

18 hours ago, Moa said:

Those two are the most dashing things!

Well done, Stuart!

Cheers Claudio, much appreciated, would've taken much longer if it wasn't for your help.

17 hours ago, Marklo said:

It does  look rather good. Always nice to see such an unusual subject.

17 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Looking very nice indeed! 👍

16 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Wonderful!

Thanks guys.

Stuart

• Like 1

14 hours ago, billn53 said:

I have just two words to describe this: “Cat’s Meow” :clap:

13 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

She look bl@@dy good, Stuart :)

12 hours ago, Martian said:

She looks gorgeous Stuart!

8 hours ago, opus999 said:

I missed this until now.  Too bad!  That's a beautiful aircraft and you've done a wonderful job on it.  The car is pretty neat too!

Thanks for the kind words buys, much appreciated.

21 hours ago, Courageous said:

An impromptu break away curtailed proceedings with this thread but all is done(ish).

20200915-171103.jpg

20200915-171135.jpg

I'm calling the Bugatti 100 racer done as I've just noticed something missing off the 4-wheeled Bugatti. Just got to finish the base for these dudes and it will be RFI but not today.

Stuart

That's 2 stunners Stuart !!

Very well done !

Congrats !!

CC

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I built and reviewed the Projekts Bugatti Racer kit way back in 1972 for Scale Models Magazine.

It was developed and made by Matt Hargreaves in Seattle. It is the only injection moulded plastic kit of this aircraft, the rest being in resin. I remember it being  a nice little kit to build at the time. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 8:53 PM, Noel Smith said:

I built and reviewed the Projekts Bugatti Racer kit way back in 1972 for Scale Models Magazine.

It was developed and made by Matt Hargreaves in Seattle. It is the only injection moulded plastic kit of this aircraft, the rest being in resin. I remember it being  a nice little kit to build at the time. 

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if we have Stuart to thank for the upcoming release of the Special Hobby Bugatti? Thank you for your sacrifice, Stuart!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, k5054nz said:

if we have Stuart to thank for the upcoming release

A nice thought Zac, it was a rare find on that auction site and it just had to be built. Never seen one at a show and mine does get some attention which is nice.

Stuart

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

That's a nice model that you have built Stuart. The Special Hobby one should be nice.

I believe that the majority of the kit will be injection moulded with some resin parts included, so it will benefit from current technology.

When I build the Projekts kit for Scale Models Magazine all those years ago it was the very first kit of this particular subject.

The last kit that I built of the Bugatti Racer was the 1/24th scale Fisher Resin kit complete with engine detail.

My full build article appears in the Jan/Feb 2022 edition of Airfix Scale Modelworld Magazine.

It was a really nice kit and built up into an impressive model in that scale.

Paul Fisher also had started to produce the kit without engine detail and I think that the upper fuselage half may have been re tooled separately with the engine cover moulded in situ.

Sadly Paul and his family lost both their home and the business to the wildfires that destroyed Paradise California just a few short years ago.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Further to my last post I have built another Projekts Bugatti 100 that I bought from Kingkit in 2022 alongside the new Special Hobby kit.

The Special Hobby 1/72nd scale kit I built is for a stand alone build article that I was commissioned to do for Airfix Scalemodelworld Magazine. It is with the editor now awaiting publication.

Since writing the 1/72nd review build article Special Hobby has also released a 1/48th scale kit.I

There is a book dedicated to this aircraft written byJapaneseHoorst available from the Bugstti Trust for those who wish to research it in detail.

Edited by Noel Smith