Heller Citroen Fourgon HY 1/24

Well less then 6 days after I recieved this kit she is as far as I think (please disagree if not) finished.

This kit is my first ever completed 1:24 model, and a subject very close to the top of my 1:1 want list.  I was offered a 1957 example back in 2008 during a summer trekking the west coast of France,  it had been tucked up in a shed for 20 years and although structurally sound there was not 1 panel that wasnt suffering from surface rust. The passenger seat was a bare frame with remnants of a basic cushion, the drivers seat had been covered with a proper heavyweight tarpaulin so was a very grubby mouldy vinyl seat but remarkably intact. 

As I still have photos of this particular van my plan was to try to replicate it to the best of my ability. 

She now stands on a piece of ply, static grass covered with a bit of a gravel track surrounded by bushes and a cobbled together typically french rural fence. 

Hopefully she looks as good as I want her too??? 

The kit went together extremely well with next to no fettling or filing, a bit of a different story to articles I'd read prior to starting her.

20200704_111420 20200704_111448 20200704_111516 20200704_111532 20200704_111245

Thank you for looking and please any comments will be greatly recieved 

• Like 19

That's a great diorama; the van looks spot on with nice, muted rust tones.  To achieve what you have in six days is even more impressive, I think my shortest build is eight days and I didn't do a diorama.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 4:46 PM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great little scene! Reminds me of the Wheeler Dealers project!

Reminds me of 1981 when we were heading south from Calais on departmental roads. There was one with a big sign saying "Frites" just off the road. We were getting hungry, so Sue thought she's go get some, but changed her mind when she saw the size of the grubby bandage the guy has round one hand!🥴

• Haha 3

On 7/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, MR2Don said:

Reminds me of 1981 when we were heading south from Calais on departmental roads. There was one with a big sign saying "Frites" just off the road. We were getting hungry, so Sue thought she's go get some, but changed her mind when she saw the size of the grubby bandage the guy has round one hand!

If this works, this is a photo of the aforesaid van! None of those ladies is Sue, she didn't get that close!

20170429115433_01

• Like 1

Nice job, very restorable in that condition. I saw one in Charlottetown PEI last year in vacation. It was a food truck in very good condition. Didn’t know what it was. Don’t think the body could handle it, but would love to see one made into a drag van.

It is surprising the number of these vans that are being restored and used for coffee and fast food throughout the UK these days.

Nice model of this iconic French vehicle.

Incidentally, there is a UK company named Motobitz who can supply alternative decals for this kit. They do a very nice Guinness set for it.