Hawker Hunter 1 Sqn decals 1/32 scale

I've  seen decals in 1/48th for XG624, the famous "Tower Bridge fly through" Hunter, but I want to build a 1/32 scale kit as this aircraft. The aircraft serial numbers aren't much of a problem, but getting the 1 sqn Crest for the nose is another matter.

Using ones from another 1 sqn kit is going to be limited too ( the Revell 1/32 GR1 may be the only source I can think of- if it's the same size as a Hunters).

Could any of you who print your own decals be able to print off a set and at cost please? 

Edited by Radpoe Spitfire

There is a 1/32 am set for this partic aircraft. I have one. I can’t recall the manufacturer but it’s an Aussie firm and they trade on fleabay 

not home at present but will check it out if no one advises sooner

Home now and had a look.  The guy that does these is still on flea bay here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-48-Hawker-Hunter-RAF-The-Tower-Bridge-Incident-Decals-DEK-Ls-II/193474306020?hash=item2d0bf79fe4:g:Jd8AAOSwoSleEDIV

but I see that he only seems to have 1/72 and 1/48 prints for sale at the moment.  He did do 1/32 though as I have a set for my build of this very one.  It might be worth contacting him to see if he still has a set lurking at the bottom of a drawer somewhere.

52 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Home now and had a look.  The guy that does these is still on flea bay here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-48-Hawker-Hunter-RAF-The-Tower-Bridge-Incident-Decals-DEK-Ls-II/193474306020?hash=item2d0bf79fe4:g:Jd8AAOSwoSleEDIV

but I see that he only seems to have 1/72 and 1/48 prints for sale at the moment.  He did do 1/32 though as I have a set for my build of this very one.  It might be worth contacting him to see if he still has a set lurking at the bottom of a drawer somewhere.

I have used the decals and was less than pleased. I found them resistant to most setting solutions, and the colours weren't quite right on my sheet and the serials were out of register. The bits i ended up using were the aircraft serials after some careful trimming. IMO I'd see if someone has the squadron crest for the nose spare from the revell FGA.9 sheet and go from there. 

Actually I've just realised you'd need to source the H for the tail too for XF442.

Edited by gareth

14 minutes ago, gareth said:

I have used the decals and was less than pleased. I found them resistant to most setting solutions, and the colours weren't quite right on my sheet and the serials were out of register.

Gareth that’s good to know. I will check the printing on mine before using and will see about sourcing possible options off the FGA 9 sheet as well as a back up

6 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Gareth that’s good to know. I will check the printing on mine before using and will see about sourcing possible options off the FGA 9 sheet as well as a back up

Yes i was really dissapointed with the set tbh, I only used the serials and the H for the tail, the squadron markings and stencils were from the revell FGA.9 sheet and the insignia from Fantasy Printshop.

Here's a picture of my build (finished during lockdown)

Hunter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04.07.2020 at 13:04, Radpoe Spitfire said:

Я видел декали 1/48 для XG624, знаменитого «Тауэрского моста, пролетающего через» Хантера, но я хочу построить комплект в масштабе 1/32 как этот самолет. Серийные номера самолетов не представляют особой проблемы, но получить герб в размере 1 кв на нос - другое дело.

Использование из другого набора 1 sqn также будет ограничено (Revell 1/32 GR1 может быть единственным источником, о котором я могу думать - если он того же размера, что и Hunters).

Может ли кто-нибудь из вас, кто печатает свои собственные декали, распечатать набор и по цене, пожалуйста? 

I've plans to create decal for The Tower Bridge Incident Hunter. It's mean that the decal will be able in any scale 144/72/48/32. But I need absolutely proved info about the Hunter. Because it's so old story I'm awating some difficulties. Anybody help me?

• 2 weeks later...