Tamiya 1/32 F-4 Phantom

Just finished this one. Very enjoyable kit. Its not at all over complicated and builds into a very good looking model. Fun to paint and the kit decals exceeded my expectations with a little help from micro sol and micro set. Big Tomcat next.....?

Um4SPswR_o.jpg

A29dpEQL_o.jpg

AWhShQJF_o.jpg

fnZw8GzH_o.jpg

ngNNS5bU_o.jpg

EXarv5RI_o.jpg

wHF3kX4E_o.jpg

ruk9FEhi_o.jpg

3B3qGyLz_o.jpg

hsMVoezz_o.jpg

Hzlkq7hL_o.jpg

COlWHtz8_o.jpg

• Like 58

Great looking model. As you probably know, the Tamiya 1/32 F-4s are notorious for ill-fitting engine air intake tunnels, yet from what I can see in the photos, you overcame that very well. May I ask how you did that?

• Like 1

Thank you for the kind comments. So.....my mate started this and forgot to put the intake tunnels in while sealing the fuselage together with screws and glue.....an irreversible step. His work is always above and beyond so this was a rare over sight. He was that hacked off with his mistake he consigned the kit to landfill. He offered it to me in this state before commiting it to a hole in the ground but i thought it would still make a good looking model. He passed it on to me a few years ago and i finally picked it up in May this year. The cockpit detail and pilots are his work. Everything else is mine. You have to look very carefully down the intakes to observe that nothimg is tbere.....the photos are proof of that.

• Like 2

Looks excellent, the best scheme I've seen modelled and very well finished. 

7 hours ago, spitte311 said:

You have to look very carefully down the intakes to observe that nothing is there .....the photos are proof of that.

Love this answer 😂 'nothing at all' looks better than the kit parts. Sometimes that's the best solution 😉

Well done and thanks for sharing, 

Alan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is a gorgeous model. How to make a uniform gray livery really stunning. Nice work also on the metallic jet pipes area.

Congrats,

Daniele

• Thanks 1

There have been a lot of beautiful Phantoms on show here recently. This is one of my absolute favourites. What a beautifully finished model. 

• Thanks 1