1/72 Amodel-RVHP Hybrid Kingair

Hi

This is something I undertook (between other projects) to remedy my mistake of ordering three kits and getting two models not pertinent to the decals I want to use (like my earlier posted Beechcraft Kingair 200) I needed...wanted Kingair 200 kits without wing lockers but got 2 kits with wing lockers. A friend in the know (works on the real ones) a few years ago informed me that the Beech 1900 was built around the same basic plan as the 200 even using the same wing, so I figured I could too. But, being the coward I am, I didn't want to post anything anywhere until I could see if it was possible. This is the result of that marriage, still in progress.

the multi colored set is the Amodel wing fitted with RVHP engines;

OBfKpVM.jpg

I had to take a shim out of the center to get a "better" fit

qM8NC4T.jpg

I also removed a large section of the bottom of the RVHP fuselage to fit the wing

QUc5ImY.jpg

some final adjustments being made before assembly with, an untouched RVHP fuselage for comparison.

igriNnY.jpg

Z6HZ5r6.jpg

all stuck together and fairing in under way

ZNFnUxK.jpg

H7f6dVo.jpg

Thank you for looking/ commenting.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Looks like you experiment worked nicely.

So what is the major difference with the wings, I see the flaps look different between the two, is there any other identifying feature

Hi Ray

Detail wise yes, the wings are different shape wise,not. To be more accurate I should use the flaps with the corrugations in them, add a spar strap and remove a lot of the access covers in the bottom of the 1900 wing. I will eliminate the access covers I can using the RVHP wing as a reference. I can make the spar strap (I think) from a piece of .005" sheet plastic or maybe even just a strip of vinyl tape. Otherwise I'm decently satisfied with the conversion right now. Meaning I think I'll be leaving the smooth flap surfaces on...although one never knows...

• 3 months later...

The model Kingair is back on the bench, after a break to tinker on some other projects.

flat white base coat;

DhJUmMO.jpg

jV2I5ur.jpg

just to prove it's not the "other one" both together;

PviUMU4.jpg

masking in progress;

2K9IhWp.jpg

gloss white and gloss blue on now

mORw3Tl.jpg

lHBybZw.jpg

lP7PMq3.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 9

5 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Niiiice!  You did great work on this one, especially with the masking.  How did you mask the windscreen?  It's very precise.

Thanks, I can't take much credit for the clear parts or masking, Mika Jernfors @ Arctic Decals supplies vinyl masks for the clear parts and wheels. As well as the masks for the blue and white demarcation. 

fodr2oM.jpg

kX4cKxn.jpg

quVhyqy.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 5

Thank you very much!

I've added the last few details, made up some windshield wipers, pitots and door handles, last few decals etc. and I think I can call it done.

Easy to paint props when they come like this;

lqG3FMW.jpg

0oVZT38.jpg

WY3j0ol.jpg

ylc0EpU.jpg

GS0GibD.jpg

vw8TnSQ.jpg

And...backing the Eagle TT-8 up to hook up a tow bar and take it around the hangar to begin loading.

pkczS0I.jpg

Ooorrr should these be in RFI?

Thanks for looking

• Like 3