Chevy fleetside

So I am onto model no 5 in my long career

this one is a revell Chevy fleetside bought because there cheap  and I don’t have the skills to do justice to anything expensive

and there are some seriously silly prices for models  ,spacer.pngspacer.pngso I’ve assembled the cab and so far just test fitting parts and painting various assemblies I’ll post when that stage is done

for those that have seen my 1st 4 attempts thankfully no decals this time round

spacer.png

• Like 3

Nice, I love these things and did the Stepside a while back. Some fitment issues with the bonnet that you might want to look at first, it looks like the same moulding. 

@Jeroen yes it’s not a great fit however my skills won’t allow me to improve this at the moment  

the truck is going to be my 1st attempt at weathering so it won’t be a big issue

spacer.png                                                  a couple of dents added to bed

then my attempt at rustspacer.png

theres a few few dents in the outside of the bed aswell which you can just make out

next an attempt at the salt technique with mixed resultsspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png         I have cleaned the slats up in the bed now need to work out how to paint wood 

still got work to do on bodywork blending in and removing all the salt

going to move onto chassis and engine 

I would like to have a worn seat any suggestions on a technique for that

• Like 3

Doesn't look too bad at all, salt technique can get you pretty nice results, like yours here.

You could paint your seats in base colour, then drybrush different other colours. Use an old brush for that, make sure almost all the paint is gone from it before you start brushing over the raised detail. If it doesn't suit you, use a wet brush to work the paint. I find this method can give you a good resul without too much effort.

spacer.pngBit of rust work to the chassis and weathering the sparespacer.png                 Thought I’d have a go a a bit of wiring for the 1st time  did not quite work out on the distributor and I had already glued engine into frame  so the plug ends are just glued to the block but you can’t see these when the body is on 

also added battery leads and a lead to starter motorspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

Yes this is 30 gauge about 0.5 mm od but I don’t think I could work with anything smaller I can’t find these bits when I drop them

oh and I’ve just bought a reel which will see me out