Fujimi Ford GT40 MKII

15 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

Stunning!

Which clear coat did you use Andy?

Rick.

Thanks Rick I used zero paints 2K diamond clear on this one a product I've been using for a long time now. I take all the necessary precautions when using it as it's extremely toxic but with a bit of practice the results are worth it imo 🙂

• Thanks 1

Just now, Andy J said:

Thanks Rick I used zero paints 2K diamond clear on this one a product I've been using for a long time now. I take all the necessary precautions when using it as it's extremely toxic but with a bit of practice the results are worth it imo 🙂

Ah yes, I know of it, but not taken the plunge yet.

HiroBoy are 20 mins away from me and do click and collect (Takes about a week though, but saves on P+P).

Hmm, need to give it a go.

Rick.

2 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

Ah yes, I know of it, but not taken the plunge yet.

HiroBoy are 20 mins away from me and do click and collect (Takes about a week though, but saves on P+P).

Hmm, need to give it a go.

Rick.

It's not a difficult product to use Rick but if you do decide to try it be sure to follow the health and safety advice because this stuff is nasty if inhaled 🙂

1 minute ago, Andy J said:

It's not a difficult product to use Rick but if you do decide to try it be sure to follow the health and safety advice because this stuff is nasty if inhaled 🙂

It'll help the day go by.....

Actually, not sure if Steve (HiroBoy) is doing click and collect at the moment.

I'm in no hurry anyway, spent too much on projects during furlough.

Rick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Codger said:

That paint work should be on models 26" long...................................not 8...:whip:

Ha ha I knew that was coming you get 10/10 for perseverance. How about a compromise my next build is 14" how's that sound ?

11 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Ha ha I knew that was coming you get 10/10 for perseverance. How about a compromise my next build is 14" how's that sound ?

I'll take it.

Hmmmm...my Trumpeter GT-40 is near that.......

Just now, keefr22 said:

Gorgeous paintjob Andy! Again....!! :thumbsup:

K

Thanks Keith this one has come out really well 🙂

Hi there, so this update shows exactly how far I've got with this build infact until the clear coat is 100% cured I'm pretty much at a standstill which gives me a chance to study my next build and there's lots to study 🙂 So the GT40 now has it's four wheels and the chassis and interior work are finished. I'm happy with how things have gone so far but I'll be happier once the shell and chassis are joined together. Here are the latest pics 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking hopefully the next update will show the two halves as one something I'm quite looking forward to. Back soon 🙂

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, klubman01 said:

Looking better every day.  Great work, great car.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor glad you like it 🙂

Some wonderful work going on here. I've tried to find one of these several times, always the bridesmaid, never the bride it seems. :( To a Kiwi Motorsport enthusiast, this is one our our most treasured memories. I was 11 at the time, remember it like it was yesterday (almost) :)

Steve.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Some wonderful work going on here. I've tried to find one of these several times, always the bridesmaid, never the bride it seems. :( To a Kiwi Motorsport enthusiast, this is one our our most treasured memories. I was 11 at the time, remember it like it was yesterday (almost) :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, there's a lot of cars I admire but only a few I'd dearly like to own and the GT40 is one of them. As that will sadly never happen I guess this kit is as close as I can get 🙂. However I'm aware that there is a 1/12 scale kit available of this car a future build for me without doubt. 

• Like 2

So the final update and the GT40 is finished 🙂 Joining the chassis and the body together was a bit of a battle mainly down to the fact I only have one fully functional hand due to an accident many moons ago which means I have no feeling or sense of touch in the majority of my left hand . So I called in international rescue ( my son ) and between us we finally got the parts together 🙂. The rest of the finishing touches went fine and here's a pic of the final result 

spacer.png

More pics to follow in the rfi which I will post up shortly. Many thanks to everyone who followed, commented and came up with suggestions for improvement along the way I really do appreciate the interest 🙂

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, Andy J said:

So I called in international rescue ( my son ) and between us we finally got the parts together 🙂.

Are you allowed to say that - if he's awake and in the same county? 🤣

Seriously, great result, thanks for shaing - and all the tips along the way.

I've got this kit, and a Gulf Porsche 917 in my stash, itching now.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

It's looking fantastic, very well done! I must say, building models as good as yours, with one of your hands not 100% functional makes them even more impressive. Way to go!

Thank you, it's certainly not ideal and at times very frustrating. When I pick up a part I only know I have it visually I can't feel it at all. Also I have no idea how much pressure I'm putting on the part because I can't feel it. However I'm used to it now so it's no big deal I suppose you could call me a one armed bandit 😂

• Like 2

Just now, keefr22 said:

One word my friend - superb....!! :No make it two - absolutely superb!

:thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith that'll do for me 🙂