Best .CA / Superglue

Telboy3510

Hi All, I'm just about to start rigging a 1/32 Arado 196B. Can anybody body tell me what is the best .CA / Superglue is for getting a quick grab. I have the correct E-Z line and have tested the cheap Superglue I have but it seems to take ages to set.

I live in the UK so places in this country would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Telboy3510, you need to get some CA accelerator, any make will do. Dip the E-Z line in it, if you get an aerosol can, small squirt into a throw away container,

and not too much as it will evaporate, VERY quickly, a small amount of CA at the point you want the rigging to sit, and bring the two together.

Practice first on a clunker / paint mule. Should save you sitting thinking 'WHEN will this %$*$%&^ stuff go off!'

Paul

59 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Hi @Telboy3510, you need to get some CA accelerator, any make will do. Dip the E-Z line in it, if you get an aerosol can, small squirt into a throw away container,

and not too much as it will evaporate, VERY quickly, a small amount of CA at the point you want the rigging to sit, and bring the two together.

Practice first on a clunker / paint mule. Should save you sitting thinking 'WHEN will this %$*$%&^ stuff go off!'

Paul

Thanks for that Paul, I've seen sets of CA glue and accelerator on line. I'll give that a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Not tried it myself, but read that you can make CA accelerator with water and baking soda.  1 teaspoon in 250ml water will give a few seconds working, 2 teaspoons in 250ml will be pretty instant.

Never tried because I have some commercial stuff but that is quite expensive for the tiny amount and I find the spritzer spray bottle a little hard to use and aim - and delivers far more than you need, mostly in the wrong place.  It seems to work on the same principle as carpet bombing, drop enough stuff over the target and surrounding area and you should hit the target at least once.

Cheers,

Nigel 

Having started my Cutty Sark rigging

With some CA glue I picked up in a pound shop -three tubes a quid - I would agree about cheap glue taking an age to set. As I wanted to get on with the build I purchased some picture from my  local hardware store. Takes about seven seconds to set so needs some patience. 

The key for me is the applicator as much as the glue. Needing a small spot each time the picture the loctite nozzle is about right but it I had an LMS I would have used these

https://deluxematerials.co.uk/collections/adhesive-accessories/products/micro-tips-tube