Valentine Mk. II - AFVClub -1/35

Hi guys,

I finished my AFVClub Valentine MK II build (kit No. AF35185). You can find WIP posts here.

It's an OOB build except some wiring added here and there.

It's not based on any particular contemporary photo, but on a combination of several photos from Operation Crusader period. Painted with AK Real Colors No. 61 Light Stone.

I tried to keep weathering to minimum as this tanks were quite new at this period. I used combination of Mig's North Africa Dust nature effects and pigments.

This is also my first attempt to do a bit more professional photos (with DSLR and light box instead of my mobile). @diablo rsv thank you so much for your photography advice, it was very helpful.

Here it is:

1La

2La

3La

4La

5La

6La

7L

And a few with black background:

7La

8La

9La

And a few details:

10La

11La

Cheers,

Nenad

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steve27752 said:

Very nice, time for me to learn something. What does the white, red, white stripes designate?

It was a basic recognition marking for the tanks, so friendly forces knew they were British. Not always applied. Later supplanted by the Allied white star.

Nice Valentine Nenad!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

Very nice, time for me to learn something. What does the white, red, white stripes designate?

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, IanC said:

It was a basic recognition marking for the tanks, so friendly forces knew they were British. Not always applied. Later supplanted by the Allied white star.

Nice Valentine Nenad!

Thank you Ian. Exactly as you said, it's a national identification. It was used occasionally (mostly on AFVs in North Africa), for the first time during Western Desert campaign during 1941.

• Like 1

Very nice you have done a great but subtle job. 

The photographs blow up well and you have included a couple of scale human height photos. I always prefer photos taken from a scale human height not only do they look more realistic but particularly for tanks give it that bulky menace of the real thing.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, diablo rsv said:

That's turned out very nicely indeed Nenad.

Glad to be of help on the photography front.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne.

There's still a lot to improve, for example, photos are a bit overexposed, perspective is not perfect, focus is not perfect, etc. but you have to start somewhere :)

I think that I should play around with some software as well.

Thank you once again, this was great help.

Cheers,

Nenad

On 7/6/2020 at 1:52 PM, Buzby061 said:

A nice representation of a dusty warrior.

Pete

Thank you Pete.

20 hours ago, Ernst said:

Lovely model of one of my favourite British tanks.

Thank you Ernst. One of my favorites as well, although I like all of British tanks due to their diversity.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 2:00 PM, AltcarBoB said:

Very nice you have done a great but subtle job. 

The photographs blow up well and you have included a couple of scale human height photos. I always prefer photos taken from a scale human height not only do they look more realistic but particularly for tanks give it that bulky menace of the real thing.

Thank you. I agree, although for me as a photography beginner, it's hit and miss to catch this angle :)

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 3:16 PM, pacificmustang said:

Lovely model, and excellent photography too. How did you get such a pure black background?

Bruce

Thank you Bruce!

It's a black vinyl background that came with the lightbox I am using (this one: https://www.amazon.com/GODOX-Photography-Power、10000-11000-Lumen、5800K±200K-Temperature/dp/B081DFYSM8)

There are two backgrounds included in the package, black and white.

Nenad

• Like 1