Revell 1/76 Jagdpanther

5 hours ago, crowe said:

For a realistic droop on tracks drill through the Hull both sides at the lowest curve of the droop and insert a piece of thin rigid piano wire. Clip the wire length to hold the droop down and nestle between the track links

Or, touch of cyanoacrylate, superglue,  to secure the track to the top of the 2nd road wheel. That said, looking at the latest pics, it's not  million miles off as it is...

Perhaps just dull the decals down a touch, the Jp is weathered but the markings look bright and factory fresh..

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Perhaps just dull the decals down a touch, the Jp is weathered but the markings look bright and factory fresh..

Thanks for the advice Darryl. I was thinking something needed to be done about the rather "in your face" markings. I've found acrylics seem to dry too quickly to do much with them once applied; maybe I need to dilute more? Or maybe a matt enamel wash should be used?

I really don't want to wreck the paintwork now I've got to this stage in the proceedings....................

21 hours ago, echen said:

Thanks for the advice Darryl. I was thinking something needed to be done about the rather "in your face" markings. I've found acrylics seem to dry too quickly to do much with them once applied; maybe I need to dilute more? Or maybe a matt enamel wash should be used?

I really don't want to wreck the paintwork now I've got to this stage in the proceedings....................

My techniques, being airbrush related, obviously won't work here. Basically I'd have sprayed a heavily diluted (pretty much translucent) unifying coat of Tamiya Buff over the whole thing.... prior to mud and pigments etc

As has been mentioned previously, if it already has a layer of enamel varnish on it use an acrylic or water based wash over it. That way if it goes wrong it won't eat into the existing finish. Or vice versa if it has an acrylic varnish on it.

Perhaps a dusty pigment on a matt finish might work to blend things together?

Pigments can be quite forgiving and built up until it looks as you want it to.

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Next step - the moulded pioneer tools.

y4mMuYsnMDAQjcH8TNUZUB9F_GsRquDTlGEOQNsv

The jack, which looking at the close-up, probably needs a jack handle and

y4mPieOZRrsCk1HNTyMTgpIysnVsASvW2oOKtLcx

the sledge-hammer on the engine deck and the aerial on the rear cabin wall.

(the aerial is a cats whisker rescued loose from the family cats' basket as opposed to taken from the cat herself; before anyone recognises what it is and wonders how it was acquired..............................)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, echen said:

the aerial is a cats whisker

Poor moggy! :crosseyed:

Thats come out well, should be pleased with that. 

It reaches a point where you can call it done and crack on with the next, every model you can learn from and try different techniques until you find what suits you.

As long as you enjoy the process, that's what matters.

On to the next....

Atb

Darryl 

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Poor moggy! :crosseyed:

We were cat sitting and the moggy left it here when she went home. I offered to refit it for her with some cyanoacrylate but she wasn't too keen so I kept it with future antennae in mind ............................

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2020 at 7:06 AM, echen said:

Maybe time to call it a day on this, put it where it belongs and move on.

Or maybe not................................

y4m89YCO5gVV9GMRbRhM26p-7bC0NfkkiU6XGPez

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • echen changed the title to Revell 1/76 Jagdpanther