Deleting account

I've only just stumbled on this thread, and I would always urge members to hit Ignore for people they find unbearable (you can't mute me, sorry), and Report anyone that's being rude and obnoxious - don't seeth silently, it's not healthy.  We don't like the unbearable people, and they are quickly weeded out if they keep doing it.  We've had our fair share of them, and seeing as they hate us so much, they still try to sneak back under a pseudonym, which is nonsensical and more than a little odd from a psychological standpoint :hmmm:

We encourage our members to be nice with our mantra "polite and respectful".  Doesn't always seem to be in the forefront of people's minds though, especially if posting innebriated or stressed.  Don't do either of those.  I doesn't end well. :fraidnot: We do however give people the benefit of the doubt if it's a genuine screw-up.

I have mixed feelings about people asking to close their accounts.  Often I feel it's to make a statement, but why cut yourself off from the forum's recsources and your friends if it's just one or a few muppets you don't like?  I've been members of other forums myself in the past, and just drift away if I don't like the place or I lose interest.  The ones that leave after being pulled up for misbehaving (we have a few rules, all of them common sense), are just doing the virtual equivalent of stomping off upstairs in a huff, which is, to be frank, a bit childish :shrug:

I'll say this loud and clear though.  We NEVER want to lose decent, polite and constructive members.  They're a fairly rare commodity judging by some places I've seen, and it's them that make or break a forum and its atmosphere.  We don't have anything against the neutral or silent ones either, but we loathe the toxic members.  Utterly. :poop:

• Like 14

@Meatbox8 great you hopefully will stay with us! 🙂 I think I didn't follow one of your builds yet, but definitely will have an eye open, as it seems you're into planes as well. And history. And ales! So, what's not to like! 🙂

I'm just wondering, as I'm part of some other forums/social network groups/communities as well, where the tone is somewhat dfferent, that I think this one here is one of the most friendly and encouraging groups with a really nice bunch of people around. I've never read something in the threads here that I thought could really bring someone to actively want to leave this group. Not only in my WIPs or RFIs, but also in others I've read.

So I'm wondering, and it might affect me in a way as well; as I'm not an English-speaking native, I might sometimes just don't hit the right tone. So when I'm trying to be witty I'm rather just a dumbwit - and for the worst don't get it, that I just really annoyed someone. Could this be probably the case, that someone - like me, maybe - just wanted to comment something and this totally turned out wrong? That it just wasn't meant personally, but poor use of language?

At least in my case I can't exclude that, and would be happy if someone just would ask again or give me a hint that something I said came across rude. Which I only very rarely feel like, and never around here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Cohiba said:

@Meatbox8 great you hopefully will stay with us! 🙂 I think I didn't follow one of your builds yet, but definitely will have an eye open, as it seems you're into planes as well. And history. And ales! So, what's not to like! 🙂

I'm just wondering, as I'm part of some other forums/social network groups/communities as well, where the tone is somewhat dfferent, that I think this one here is one of the most friendly and encouraging groups with a really nice bunch of people around. I've never read something in the threads here that I thought could really bring someone to actively want to leave this group. Not only in my WIPs or RFIs, but also in others I've read.

So I'm wondering, and it might affect me in a way as well; as I'm not an English-speaking native, I might sometimes just don't hit the right tone. So when I'm trying to be witty I'm rather just a dumbwit - and for the worst don't get it, that I just really annoyed someone. Could this be probably the case, that someone - like me, maybe - just wanted to comment something and this totally turned out wrong? That it just wasn't meant personally, but poor use of language?

At least in my case I can't exclude that, and would be happy if someone just would ask again or give me a hint that something I said came across rude. Which I only very rarely feel like, and never around here.

Thanks Chief.  As far as I'm aware the members who I am thinking of are from the UK.  I wouldn't worry too much about your comments being misconstrued as people will realise English is not your first language.  I expect most people would read them in the right spirit and are more likely to be amused than offended.  Having said that your English looks impeccable to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

I've only just stumbled on this thread, and I would always urge members to hit Ignore for people they find unbearable (you can't mute me, sorry), and Report anyone that's being rude and obnoxious - don't seeth silently, it's not healthy.  We don't like the unbearable people, and they are quickly weeded out if they keep doing it.  We've had our fair share of them, and seeing as they hate us so much, they still try to sneak back under a pseudonym, which is nonsensical and more than a little odd from a psychological standpoint :hmmm:

We encourage our members to be nice with our mantra "polite and respectful".  Doesn't always seem to be in the forefront of people's minds though, especially if posting innebriated or stressed.  Don't do either of those.  I doesn't end well. :fraidnot: We do however give people the benefit of the doubt if it's a genuine screw-up.

I have mixed feelings about people asking to close their accounts.  Often I feel it's to make a statement, but why cut yourself off from the forum's recsources and your friends if it's just one or a few muppets you don't like?  I've been members of other forums myself in the past, and just drift away if I don't like the place or I lose interest.  The ones that leave after being pulled up for misbehaving (we have a few rules, all of them common sense), are just doing the virtual equivalent of stomping off upstairs in a huff, which is, to be frank, a bit childish :shrug:

I'll say this loud and clear though.  We NEVER want to lose decent, polite and constructive members.  They're a fairly rare commodity judging by some places I've seen, and it's them that make or break a forum and its atmosphere.  We don't have anything against the neutral or silent ones either, but we loathe the toxic members.  Utterly. :poop:

Thanks Mike.  People are, without doubt, nicer on here than any other on-line outlet I've looked at - by a country mile in fact.  To be honest I wasn't expecting the hugely positive and supportive response to my enquirey so sorry If I have created a storm in a tea cup.   I'd assumed this was an 'official' thread explaining how to close an account if one felt that way inclined so apologies.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Doesn't it? :worthy:

Certainly more than mine, anyway.

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

As a slight thread drift; what exactly does "ignore" do? Does it mean that the person who you are ignoring can still post a response on your thread, but you won't see it? How exactly does it work?

John. 

shant tell - am ignoring you:D

Actually more like "dont know"

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That's exactly right John. You get a little note saying X has replied but you have chosen to ignore posts from him. You don't see the post unless you override the "ignore". It hides the "ignored" member's posts on all threads.

Dave G

Thanks Dave. That's cleared that up nicely.

John.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike said:

they still try to sneak back under a pseudonym, which is nonsensical and more than a little odd from a psychological standpoint :hmmm:

Sometimes it seems, when learn about the activities of such characters, that they just being in a psychiatric hospital broke the password from the Wi-Fi orderlies of this hospital!   😁😁

Well, how else to explain when the same user creates several accounts that communicate with each other, give each other advice, "like" each other, congratulate each other on their birthday, in general, all this is done by one user. 😲

It cannot be called otherwise than a mental disorder, however, sometimes it has practical value for those who do it, namely, the following tasks are pursued:

- collective bullying by actually one user of another user;  

- creating a positive reputation for yourself at the expense of fake likes, so that  they can create ads in the sales section and thus engage in theft of money by selling non-existent models (usually scammers* do this);

-voting from several of 

own accounts for own model in any  GB.

on Russian forums, such users are periodically identified by moderators and administrators, so in some places they even received the special term Morshaning, such users (of course they are banned) are called Morshanian (because one of these crazy people in the questionnaire indicated the city of residence - Morshansk**

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morshansk )

Regarding the main topic of the topic, I can’t give any advice because I don’t use my personal ban-list in principle ...why?, I almost never use the button inform the administrator / moderators ..  why? If the user made an unacceptable statement, then let everyone see this message and and will make their own conclusions about this user, his statements and prospects for communication with him.

B.R.

Serge

* - moreover, it often turns out that this is being done by scammers who are already serving a sentence in prison ...for which they use various anonymizers, VPN services, etc. ...the justifications for such use can be different, ranging from the fact that they are personally hunted by "Men in Black" / aliens / lizard people from the world government 😁 or secret agent under cover in enemy totalitarian country who yearns for modeling 😁

and ending with the fact that they are tough opposition to the ruling regime, therefore they are personal enemies of Trump, Putin, Kim Jong  Eun, Sir Winston Churchill, Napoleon Bonaparte, Guy Julius Caesar (not necessary to cross out 😉😁) are therefore forced to use anonymizers and VPNs when communicating on the forum of modelers.😁

** - this does not mean that these users were from this city, with the same success they could have called themselves residents of Glasgow, or Amsterdam, or Nairobi ... any city on the planet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Sometimes it seems, when learn about the activities of such characters, that they just being in a psychiatric hospital broke the password from the Wi-Fi orderlies of this hospital!   😁😁

Well, how else to explain when the same user creates several accounts that communicate with each other, give each other advice, "like" each other, congratulate each other on their birthday, in general, all this is done by one user. 😲

It cannot be called otherwise than a mental disorder, however, sometimes it has practical value for those who do it, namely, the following tasks are pursued:

- collective bullying by actually one user of another user;  

- creating a positive reputation for yourself at the expense of fake likes, so that  they can create ads in the sales section and thus engage in theft of money by selling non-existent models (usually scammers* do this);

-voting from several of 

own accounts for own model in any  GB.

on Russian forums, such users are periodically identified by moderators and administrators, so in some places they even received the special term Morshaning, such users (of course they are banned) are called Morshanian (because one of these crazy people in the questionnaire indicated the city of residence - Morshansk**

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morshansk )

Regarding the main topic of the topic, I can’t give any advice because I don’t use my personal ban-list in principle ...why?, I almost never use the button inform the administrator / moderators ..  why? If the user made an unacceptable statement, then let everyone see this message and and will make their own conclusions about this user, his statements and prospects for communication with him.

B.R.

Serge

* - moreover, it often turns out that this is being done by scammers who are already serving a sentence in prison ...for which they use various anonymizers, VPN services, etc. ...the justifications for such use can be different, ranging from the fact that they are personally hunted by "Men in Black" / aliens / lizard people from the world government 😁 or secret agent under cover in enemy totalitarian country who yearns for modeling 😁

and ending with the fact that they are tough opposition to the ruling regime, therefore they are personal enemies of Trump, Putin, Kim Jong  Eun, Sir Winston Churchill, Napoleon Bonaparte, Guy Julius Caesar (not necessary to cross out 😉😁) are therefore forced to use anonymizers and VPNs when communicating on the forum of modelers.😁

** - this does not mean that these users were from this city, with the same success they could have called themselves residents of Glasgow, or Amsterdam, or Nairobi ... any city on the planet.

This post seem a lot over the top.

4 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

This post seem a lot over the top.

I do not write science fiction stories on this forum.  If I describe something that happened to me, I either attach evidence, or write, I have no evidence, or I have no right to publish evidence.  If I write about something that did not happen to me, I always try to link to the source.

Topic "Black list" on Russian:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_21083.html

This over 100 page topic. It's Blacklist of sellers and buyers on Scalemodels.

On first page topic we see a table that is promptly updated as proven information becomes available.

Look at  line 50-51 table in the column - the user we see "Антон _Руднев", in the city column - Новосибирск /Novosibirsk/ (fourth column), line 66 in the column - the user we see "Максим_Сергеевич" in the city - Новосибирск /Novosibirsk/ column (fourth column), lines 67-68  in the column - the user we see "vovans71", in the column the city of Минск /Minsk/, Бердск /Berdsk/ (fourth column) but at the same time in the third column we see the same first and last name for each account (I deliberately do not give a translation so that you can visually verify the match)  ...  Thus, one and the same fraudster created three different accounts indicating different cities of residence, for three of the four accounts, and he did it to trick other users of the Russian forum.

About Morshanian / Morshansk I can also give a link to the Russian forum, but it is useless here, since this topic is not available to unregistered users as far as I remember.

Examples when the same user created different accounts to vote for their model were also on Russian model forums, I write about them from memory, but these were quite scandalous cases, so a link to them can also be found, after some time.

So in my post, the sarcasm was only here:

9 hours ago, Aardvark said:

4 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

personally hunted by "Men in Black" / aliens / lizard people from the world government 😁 or secret agent under cover in enemy totalitarian country who yearns for modeling 😁

and ending with the fact that they are tough opposition to the ruling regime, therefore they are personal enemies of Trump, Putin, Kim Jong  Eun, Sir Winston Churchill, Napoleon Bonaparte, Guy Julius Caesar (not necessary to cross out 😉😁)

why I have put emoticons.

The rest is written quite seriously.  To think that it will only be on Russian or any other forums is naive enough, because cybercrime  has no borders.  

In this case, it is better to follow the rule: "Forewarned is forearmed!"

Only that.

B.R.

Serge 

• Like 3