Deleting account

Without the small 1/2 inch gear in my Austin 7 distributor the 17 inch wheels at the back won't turn

Everyone has equal share on here

Well everyone except Mike, Julien, Dave H, Greg, Enzo,  . . . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

never denied that fact :) mike was kind enough to take an interest in my first build in this forum. won't forget his encouragement. But non the less.  I Still want the account deleted.

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Mike will freeze your account, then you can access it in future should you wish to.

Good to know, I'll look forward to hearing from him regarding deleting my account.

• 1 month later...
On 7/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, Julien said:

Do you want your account freezing or removing?

I am considering closing my account.  One too many unecessarily rude responses to my comments.   Going to think it over but if you could give me a steer I would be grateful.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

I am considering closing my account.  One too many unecessarily rude responses to my comments.   Going to think it over but if you could give me a steer I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Just a thought, but why not put the "offending" member(s) on the ignore list? That way, you can carry on interacting with those members you wish to, and not be bothered by those you don't. It's anonymous too, so they'll never know! It can help make forum life a little easier, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Just a thought, but why not put the "offending" member(s) on the ignore list? That way, you can carry on interacting with those members you wish to, and not be bothered by those you don't. It's anonymous too, so they'll never know! It can help make forum life a little easier, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Mark.

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes ignore them Ive only done it to one member but his actions hurt enough that I sadly blocked him. 

I'll second Mark and Dennis. Muting those who find it necessary to be negative is a great option, and allows you to breathe more easily.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I am considering closing my account.  One too many unecessarily rude responses to my comments.  

Noooo, please don't, I've very much enjoyed interchanges with you & had some good laughs along the way. Yes, there is the odd self important, self opinionated  jerk along the way but by far the majority are really nice. Stay about mate, you're one of my favs on BM. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2020 at 5:47 AM, ChrisBraid said:

Small time contributor long time browser. 

So whats the harm in leaving your account open, dropping in from time time & seeing how it hangs, nothing to lose & who knows, one of those visits might just strike a chord which you find rewarding.

Steve.

• Like 3

I'm sorry to say, that I find this topic very strange. Is this something that only happens in the aircraft threads? I only read AFV builds and have never encountered this sort of thing in the 4 years that I have been a member of BM. It's always been constructive comment. Also, if a member is being unpleasant in his comment, why not hit the "report post" so that the mods can handle it. And as for closing down your account because of someone's comments, IMO, that's a bit OTT. Just leave it for a while, and when you feel like you want to come back to it, it'll be there for you. Marry in haste, repent at leisure....or words to that affect.

John.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks Mark.  I hadn't thought of that.  I'd actually be loathed to close my account so I might do that. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Thanks.

Another vote from me for the "ignore" facility. I've only used it once in the seven years I've been a member but it is there if you want it. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes ignore them Ive only done it to one member but his actions hurt enough that I sadly blocked him. 

Thanks.  Definitely something for me to think about.  The vast majority of people on here are great and it's not like there's a cosistent level of abuse or anything.  Just one-off comments which seem to be completely uncalled for.

8 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

. . .  One too many unecessarily rude responses to my comments. . . . 

If the comment is too offensive, report it to a moderator. They cannot be everywhere seeing everything so they need informed.

On a different modelling forum I've blocked a couple of posters. Happiness reigns

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Noooo, please don't, I've very much enjoyed interchanges with you & had some good laughs along the way. Yes, there is the odd self important, self opinionated  jerk along the way but by far the majority are really nice. Stay about mate, you're one of my favs on BM. :)

Steve.

Thank you Steve.  I am really touched by the concern shown by you and others and I have always really enjoyed your content and our exchanges. BM is the only social media I do other than Linked In for my work (such as it is in these strange times).  How people put up with what goes on on other platforms is a mystery to me.  One scroll down the comments on just about any You Tube movie is enough to put me off.  I have not been at the recieving end of anything remotely as unpleasant as that on BM of course. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm sorry to say, that I find this topic very strange. Is this something that only happens in the aircraft threads? I only read AFV builds and have never encountered this sort of thing in the 4 years that I have been a member of BM. It's always been constructive comment. Also, if a member is being unpleasant in his comment, why not hit the "report post" so that the mods can handle it. And as for closing down your account because of someone's comments, IMO, that's a bit OTT. Just leave it for a while, and when you feel like you want to come back to it, it'll be there for you. Marry in haste, repent at leisure....or words to that affect.

John.

You are probably right, John.  Closing my account might be a bit drastic and blosking seems a better course of action.  The comments I'm referring to are one offs and probably not worth reporting.  I also wouldn't really want to get someone it to trouble for what might have just been a knee-jerk comment or possibly from someone who's just come back from the pub! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

John.

Agreed - if its really unpleasant then report it.  Indeed if looking at a topic started by another memeber and a poster on that seems to be having a "go" or is so OTT that its poor form or worse report it - it will carry more weight if from a third party.

58 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Another vote from me for the "ignore" facility. I've only used it once in the seven years I've been a member but it is there if you want it. 

So that's why I never hear from you now :D   From one member of the legal profession to a former retired member of same I would have thought that like me you would have developed a hide like a rhino !!  Good advice on the ignore switch though

Had to look up "Ailurophile".  Learned something new today !!

53 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Thanks.  Definitely something for me to think about.  The vast majority of people on here are great and it's not like there's a cosistent level of abuse or anything.  Just one-off comments which seem to be completely uncalled for.

Be positive - its a great site and almost universally thought of as friendly.  Look at some of the support given to members who have found real trauma in their personal lives that comes from here.  You said it yourself above  :winkgrin:

Edited by JohnT
Ailurophile?? Whats one of those?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Thanks.

Oi Meatbox dont be daft 🤪 just ignore the stoopid people....it is hard work but ive become good a clever answers....or im improving

As a slight thread drift; what exactly does "ignore" do? Does it mean that the person who you are ignoring can still post a response on your thread, but you won't see it? How exactly does it work?

John. 

52 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

As a slight thread drift; what exactly does "ignore" do? Does it mean that the person who you are ignoring can still post a response on your thread, but you won't see it? How exactly does it work?

John. 

That's exactly right John. You get a little note saying X has replied but you have chosen to ignore posts from him. You don't see the post unless you override the "ignore". It hides the "ignored" member's posts on all threads.

Dave G

• Thanks 1