4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I'm doing battle with the front canopy at the moment because the Roket glue didn't hold.

Hi Greg,

Yeh, I gave up on everything and now only use Tamiya Extra Thin for clear polystyrene and extra thin CA for acrylic. Use minimal glue and capillary action at the joins. I never glue and then push into place. Always have the canopy taped in position ensuring clearance under the tape at the glue join. Glue then use a hair dryer on low setting or my airbrush (low pressure air only) sometimes with a straw into small cavities to circulate the internal air for a few minutes to ensure no fogging. Most important only sufficient glue for the mating surface, this is the tricky part. With this technique I have never had any fogging and robust joins. It may be too late with the Ju 88 as I am guessing the front section is probably full enclosed unless there is access through the underside gondola. 

Ray

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks nice Greg, what’s your go to RLM65? Seems like this colour has as many variations as RAF Sky. 
Cheers.. Dave 

It is Tamiya XF23 lightened with a bit of white. The one I used on the Bf110D is just XF23 I felt that it is just a bit too blue. 

On the Heinkel I used Mr Hobby Aqueous RLM65.  This is too dark, but doesn't look too bad on bigger planes.

This Ju 88A-1 looks about right too me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is where I'm at. I clear coated this morning. Tomorrow I will add the panel liner. 

This is a Kg77 plane. It was shot down into the sea by a 229 sqn Hurricane. 

I haven't been able to find a date as yet. I suspect it was September.

If anyone can help with that it would be appreciated? 

The Wingleader books haven't got to the second phase of the battle yet.

Ju 88A-1 image15

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought I might get this project completed by tomorrow, but I have had my usual last second hiccup. Putting on the gear doors this afternoon I didn't notice one of my finger tips had attracted a drop of extra thin glue which left a perfect round hole in my paint work. Rather disappointing to say the least. That will most likely cause a few days delay.

It is looking good now the canopy mask is off, only the old glue marks from when I put the internal frame on. I'm looking forward to having this project completed. 

I have also discovered this kit doesn’t have the belly aerials in it, so they will be missing for now.

• Sad 1

Looks good Greg. 

My goodness, what have you got for an encore following so many great BoB builds? Only 20 years to the centennial. 

Ray

Another disaster today, Another lesson learnt.  The fix for the paint glue issue went well. So I thought I would paint the exhaust stain while I was at it. Took out my Infinity airbrush sprayed the first side which was ok. Next side I started too have trouble. First was a little spit which was easily handled. Then a bigger spurt which was handled ok. Then when I recovered from that the next time I went to respray the airbrush splatter exhaust paint over the entire bottom of the model. As luck would have it I had my bottom RLM65 with me, so I was able to overspray it. Still, it will take a few more days to recover. 

Turns out I had loosened the Airbrushes head when I adjusted the direction of the spray. This lead to air getting into the paint cup. I should have realized this. 

I'm constantly having trouble with this brush so I thought it was a brush issue. Instead it was a operator issue.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Ray, I'm trying to get my BOB collection done before I have to move in the New year.

Understood! The pressure in on.

I just completed the Ju 88A-1.  Even found a Bf 110 pe set with the belly aerials on it, so it now has belly aerials. 

I will put up images in a few days. The weather doesn't look good for images for a day or two. This will complete my official BOB builds. 

• Like 2

Here is a rough image I only have the pitot tube to add to the wing. I'm not putting a aerial on this one at this stage because I will be moving in a few months and that makes the plane harder to handle. 

Note the guns and ladder are on now. Hope to get good shots up tromorrow. 

Ju 88A-1 image17

• Like 3

Lovely job yet again Greg, that looks superb and will look so good parked next to all your other BoB builds. Excellent all round finish mate. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave

• Thanks 1