Now this allows my own thread I can do some images in the morning. 

I'm doing a Revell / Monogram  Ju 88A-1.  It will use several resin addons to convert it from an A4 to A1. It gets new ailerons, wingtips, engines and canopy from Aires.

Eduard PE and some masks. Masters brass gun barrels. Maybe home made decals.

This will be great fun as after doing the Ju 188A-1 I know the kit quite well.

• Like 11

Here is the pre-start image of the kit and after market parts. I also have a cockpit which I might use if I can adjust the rear panel.

I also have an earlier pilot seat. You will notice the resin engine. It was rather heavy when I got it, so I got a friend to hollow it out.

It will still need a bit of weight put in the tail I think. 

Ju 88A-1 image1

• Like 12

@ Pete 

I have resin A-1 engines, Ailerons, wingtips, wheels, cockpit pilots seat, rear wall, and a A1 canopy.  Most of this is from Aims. With all this I should get close to a real A-1.

I will be using an Aires cockpit

• Like 3

Nice theme Greg. should be a great model once finished. I’m no Ju88 guru, however it’s hard to believe that this famous version has not been kitted in 1/48 straight OOB. Whats also surprising is that we only now have an A-1 in 1/72 too. Good luck and watching on.

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

To get the build rolling here is some images of the Aires cockpit I plan to use. I just need to remove the ammo boxes and add some MG15 magazines to the wall

There is most likely other issues, but I will decide if they really need correcting.

Ju 88A-1 image2

Ju 88A-1 image 3

• Like 7

This is one of the Aims resin engines a friend helped me with by drilling it out. It started as a solid moulded engine which weighted far to much.

Now it is acceptable, but I will still have to add some weight in the tail to make sure the model won't nose over.

By the way the boss has saw shins right now. He's not impressed..... 

Ju 88A-1 image4

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I made a start today. Glued some cockpit parts together.  I have decided to use the kit cockpit parts and save the resin one for another build. However I do have a resin back wall and pilot seat I will use. 

• Like 5

Yes Ray this is a good time for my main subject theme. However,  don't be surprised if you see a Hurricane appear in the future. 

On the Ju 88 front I painted the parts that needed it RLM66 and RLM02 today. 

• Like 3

Cockpit look good Greg, and will help me decide what to do with the rather sparse one in my Airfix kit!

Cheers

Pete

@Pete

Do what I'm doing. Refer to builds of the 1/32 Revell Ju 88A-1.  There are a few good builds that shows it's detailed cockpit one of them is here on BM.

I'm using one because I'm not using the resin cockpit as it is an A-4 which is a bit different to the A-1. I'm scratch building parts

To get closer to A-1's cockpit which is great fun. The new resin pilot seat looks good. These planes didn't have the Armoured seat during BOB.

• Like 1

Hi Greg, I will get round to building a Ju 88A-1 but I will use the ICM Ju 88A-5 as the starting point, just the wing tips and cockpit changes to make, I have those from the Aims conversion set.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Here is a image of the pilots seat area.

Greg, Looks very nice indeed. Ray

I'm doing interesting work on the right side of the cockpit at the moment to make it look more like an A-1 cockpit.  I've removed the fold up seat and used the Eduard A-5

PE set to add the panel that was in that location.  Once it is all done I will post an image.

• Like 1

Coming along very nicely Greg. Great work in that cockpit and the AM wing and engine parts have blended into the base kit very nicely. It will look straight OOB once primed. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have been working on the Ju 88A-1. It was gone quite well. I have the cockpit together (only have to put the instrument panel in.)

I have taken a photo of the progress. You will note I have change the back panel and added the ammo mags. I also added a switch panel

from the A-5 PE. You will notice the bomb aimers seat is raised more like the real thing. The floors have wood panels and the pilot seat is the early type.

I will added another photo to this post once I add the instrument panel. I'm just waiting for the compass to dry. 

It still needs a bit of touching up.

Ju 88A-1 image8

Put fuselage together tonight. 

• Like 8