How to set a default font and font size

At the request of a Britmodeler member, I changed the font and size I like to use to one that's more easily read by forum members. Is there a way to set that font and size as a personal default? I searched Help & Support and FAQ and couldn't find a solution. 

In the reply box ( the new topic box is probably similar ) there is a size option or the right of the top bar. 

Other than that, I don't know of any other font size adjustment.

What was the issue? Too big? Too small?

By the way, I'm using the default size font, whatever that is.

Chris

Comic sans, which I used until today, as seen on a cell phone screen, apparently turns into some kind of squiggly script that's hard to read, even at font size 16. A couple of folks asked me if I could change the font and I'm happy to oblige. Default font at size 16 appears to work just fine, but each time I write a response to someone, I have to make that adjustment. Want to know if I can make that font and size my default setting, much like I can make a font and size a default in Gmail. That capability might not be present, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I have no idea about that. I do see that you are a cellphone. Those are a constant source of issues to users on various forums. As I only use a PC to visit my forums, I seldom have any issues with anything. Most of the software used by most forums was around before large scale cellphone use existed. Only once did I used my IPad to get to forums. That was 4 years when our entire city was evacuated during the very large wildfire that swept through our region of northern aboreal forest. I still didn't have any problems with it. I was accessing everything through GOOGLE and not some AP, if there is such a thing.

Chris

Not sure on a phone but on the computer there are in the font and size buttons a top option which says (Default)

It might be in your settings on the phone you need to change this as I take it you changed it at some point to the unreadable one?

If not @Mike is the person to ask as he is the techy among us.

Julien

On 02/07/2020 at 22:44, SAT69 said:

Is there a way to set that font and size as a personal default?

There isn't a way to set your default font in the forum to anything other than the one I'm typing in now, but individuals with poor eyesight can increase the Zoom level of their browsers to make it comfortable to read the forum without people having to go to the trouble of making all the posts large print.  That way young people are happy because one paragraph doesn't take up three screens, and the people with poor eyesight can crank up the Zoom level on their browsers til their heart's content. :)

I could set the default font for the WHOLE forum to a massive one from the Admin Control Panel, but that kind of takes away the flexibility of people choosing their own Zoom settings from their browsers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

There isn't a way to set your default font in the forum to anything other than the one I'm typing in now, but individuals with poor eyesight can increase the Zoom level of their browsers to make it comfortable to read the forum without people having to go to the trouble of making all the posts large print.  That way young people are happy because one paragraph doesn't take up three screens, and the people with poor eyesight can crank up the Zoom level on their browsers til their heart's content. :)

I could set the default font for the WHOLE forum to a massive one from the Admin Control Panel, but that kind of takes away the flexibility of people choosing their own Zoom settings from their browsers.

I have mine set at 150%. I'm old.

Chris

9 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

I have mine set at 150%. I'm old.

Mine's set to 100% because I'm distinctly average. :(

• Haha 2