Sea Harrier FA.2 question

Herb

Hi all. I'd like to model a particular SHAR I saw in a photo, but of course now can't find said photo. Presently I'm wondering if I saw it at all, or have to chalk it up to advancing dementia! 

It was a Sea Harrier FA.2 on the flight deck, with a bomb on the centerline (1000 lb GP I think?), two drop tanks (size?), and two AIM-120 on the wing rails. Not sure if the cannon pods were on or just strakes. Maybe from 899 squadron? Maybe during ops over Bosnia/former Yugoslavia? 

Hoping there are some Sea Harrier enthusiasts here with the answers. Any help finding the photo deeply appreciated, as is confirmation of the markings and loadout. 

Cheers

Herb

Thank you Gentlemen, just found visual evidence in World Air Power Journal volume 41.  Two pictures of 800 NAS aircraft during Bosnian operations with single 1000 lb bomb on centerline and two AMRAAM under the wings (drops, strakes, no guns). 

I wasn't dreaming after all...! Appreciate everyone checking their refs...

Cheers

Herb

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Julien said:

This NATO photo from 1993 shows something on the centreline.

Nice photo!

Yeah but not a FA.2 and Sidewinders...

this would qualify, but is a museum piece...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ef/SHAR_NMM.JPG/440px-SHAR_NMM.JPG

440px-SHAR_NMM.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Looks like  CBLS to me ....big blob of flexane on the front of it....nasty 800 NAS markings 🤮

You leave the Fleet Air Arms premier fighter squadron alone. Better than being a jumper tucker. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/7/2020 at 12:43 AM, junglierating said:

Looks like  CBLS to me ....big blob of flexane on the front of it....nasty 800 NAS markings 🤮

On 7/7/2020 at 12:47 AM, Shar2 said:

You leave the Fleet Air Arms premier fighter squadron alone. Better than being a jumper tucker. 🤪

:popcorn:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can ascertain the serial of FA2 124 armed with 4x AIM120s during Op Southern Watch in 1997 was ZH800. You'll have spotted the outline of the old 800 NAS markings on the fin, the newly applied 124 code, the DSG overall 190 gallon tanks and AIM120 launcher rails (MSG pylon adapters for the outboard pylons) and fuselage pylons. 1/48th Kinetic kit build, or...?

Good luck with it!

Cheers

Nick

• Like 1