Republic Seabee - Highly modified Mach 2 -1/72nd kit

Another unusual and interesting aircraft built to your usual high standard with a handsome colour scheme.  Great photography too.  (Is there some evidence that your airfield has very large birds?😁)

AW

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Claudio,

What an incredibly beautiful and challenging build! I have been watching with amazement as you have taken a bar of soap and transformed it into an exquisite model! The interior, engine, and prop are works of art- especially when you consider how tiny all those parts are. The scheme is striking, and the photography, especially the sunset scenes, is as good as the model. I, too, have an old dependable Canon- an AE1 Program with all the lenses and filters that has had thousands of slides shot through it at airshows and  museums all over the U.S. It has been supplanted by my 35mm digital Canon Eos, but the old dependable AE1 still has a  soft spot in my heart. All of your work that I have seen is outstanding, but in my opinion the Sea Bee is head and shoulders above the rest! :like:

Mike

Kind words indeed, Mike, appreciated!

Canon AE1?  Luxury! 😜

We used to take images with a stenopeic cardboard camera, and had to reveal the negatives with vinegar and soap! we copied the images on recycled paper made of newspaper paste! :rofl:

(Mine is a Canon SX510HS that must have taken about 40,000 photos in these years.

6 hours ago, Andwil said:

Another unusual and interesting aircraft built to your usual high standard with a handsome colour scheme.  Great photography too.  (Is there some evidence that your airfield has very large birds?😁)

AW

Thanks, AW!

What about the birds? I am slow today.

4 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks, AW!

What about the birds? I am slow today.

There’s something like the mark left by a bird dropping in some of the photos.

Probably isn’t, just looks like it.

AW

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Moa said:

Thanks CC!

Yeah, many hours invested there. But I can now play with it in the bathtub. 😋

Wow !! great rubber duck...

I'm eager to see that ...:rofl2::rofl2:

CC

• Haha 2

Amazing work , well done indeed.

I have owned a couple of Mach 2 kits in the past but have never got beyond attempting to dry fit the major components with masking tape before giving them away , congratulations again on your build. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andwil said:

AW

Well, it's a painted-on oil stain, so, if planes are considered metallic birds, and oil/hydraulic fluid their leaks, then you are sort of right 😉

8 hours ago, Andwil said:

AW

Maybe something like this?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Des said:

Amazing work , well done indeed.

I have owned a couple of Mach 2 kits in the past but have never got beyond attempting to dry fit the major components with masking tape before giving them away , congratulations again on your build. 

Thanks Des.

In olden times to receive a Mach 2 kit from another modeler was considered the same as being slapped across the face to challenge you to a duel! It was the ultimate insult! 😋

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moa said:

:rofl:

Well, let's say that not in vain I am called "Moa"

Moa: Nine species (in six genera) of now-extinct flightless birds endemic to New Zealand. Also a Minute of Angle, an angular measurement = 1/60th of a degree.

So our Moa is an example of an extinct flightless modeler who nevertheless builds models of flying apparatuses with precision skills.

• Haha 2

Stunningly built model and exquisitely atmospheric images too boot Moa-superb work!

I remember a few years ago attempting to beat the Mach2 kit into submission, and failing miserably-needless to say it ended up in the bin.

Although most would consider the Seabee an odd looking aircraft, I find the quirkiness of it to be really endearing-definitely in my top 5 list of favourite aircraft.
One of the best scenes in ‘The man with the Golden Gun’ is a Seabee putting in a very spirited and sporty performance as it tries to evade Chinese radar on the way to Scaramanga’s private island-only for it to end up as toast courtesy of Mr Scaramanga’s high energy beam!!😞

• Thanks 1