Tamiya 1/24 Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri GR.5 WURTH

Hi there so here is my latest finished build which I shared as a wip on the forum. Unfortunately I don't know how to link the wip to the rfi however it's still up and around for anyone who may be interested. I had no issues with the kit throughout the build and though it lacks detail in some areas I think it's one of the most enjoyable builds I've ever done. This is a beast of a car and I think Tamiya have captured that look perfectly at least from the outside where imo it really matters. I'm busy hunting down the other versions of this kit as I hope to add them all to my collection in the future. Thanks for looking here are the finished pics 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks again for looking back soon with another wip build 🙂

• Like 15

So brutal - might play a role in the original mad max with that photo backdrop.

I love this car and I love your build. Very very nice result. The original cars of that time probably never were polished to such a shine, but it looks soooo right.

8 minutes ago, Schwarz-Brot said:

So brutal - might play a role in the original mad max with that photo backdrop.

I love this car and I love your build. Very very nice result. The original cars of that time probably never were polished to such a shine, but it looks soooo right.

Thank you for the comment. The reference pics I looked at did indeed show the cars were highly polished however I doubt if they stayed that way for long 🙂

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

You could bet money on that!

Another stunner Andy - that's one of my favourites of yours I have to say! :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith its also a big favourite of mine another moody beast of a car 🙂

3 minutes ago, Mr Mansfield said:

Really nicely done! definitely a beast of a car! The white looks good, (which isn’t easy!) & really clean build 

Thanks, interesting point about the white paint. It's actually Tamiya X2 and ive realised now just how well these paints spray when mixed with mr colour leveling thinner. Ive had Tamiya paints for years but ive neglected them for quite a while but after this build I shall be using them a lot more from now on 🙂

• Like 1

Great car and build ! I’ve said before on here , older colour schemes are the best . Simple and effective. Modern schemes have far too many colours all blending into one forgettable looking car . 
  Gary . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Great car and build ! I’ve said before on here , older colour schemes are the best . Simple and effective. Modern schemes have far too many colours all blending into one forgettable looking car . 
  Gary . 

Well said I guess I'm a sucker for the older schemes and cars but occasionally the scheme and the style of the car suit each other perfectly and I think the scheme on this Capri is simply awesome a 100% perfect match with this style of car 🙂

• Like 1

I've enjoyed the build thread and the end result looks gorgeous.  It goes to show that you don't need a million piece, super-detailed kit to end up with a model that anyone would be proud to display.

It's looking fantastic, a job well done!

A kit doesn't have to be complicated. If the shapes are right, the major details reasonably sharp and the wheels good and sitting correctly it will go a long long way with some good build quality applied.

You have just shown that. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

I've enjoyed the build thread and the end result looks gorgeous.  It goes to show that you don't need a million piece, super-detailed kit to end up with a model that anyone would be proud to display.

Thanks John I appreciate the kind comment and I agree with you entirely. However I do admire the work that some people on here put into there builds it's just not my style 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

It's looking fantastic, a job well done!

A kit doesn't have to be complicated. If the shapes are right, the major details reasonably sharp and the wheels good and sitting correctly it will go a long long way with some good build quality applied.

You have just shown that. 👍

Couldn't have put it better myself sometimes less is more. Thanks for the comment 🙂

• Like 1

A nice looking result of one of the classic racing cars. Good work, as others have said you've proved that you don't need a complicated multi-piece kit to get a great looking end product.

Incidentally, it's very easy to create a link to another thread - all you have to do is copy the web address (URL) from the bar at the top of the page, then paste it into your post. The forum software will do the rest. So, for your WIP on this, just posting the URL gives you this:

• Like 2

Great result Andy, I like the look of this car too. It looks like some of the trailblazer cars in the Dirt game 🙂

16 minutes ago, Spiny said:

A nice looking result of one of the classic racing cars. Good work, as others have said you've proved that you don't need a complicated multi-piece kit to get a great looking end product.

Incidentally, it's very easy to create a link to another thread - all you have to do is copy the web address (URL) from the bar at the top of the page, then paste it into your post. The forum software will do the rest. So, for your WIP on this, just posting the URL gives you this:

Thanks Spiny it's easy when you know how 🙂

7 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Great result Andy, I like the look of this car too. It looks like some of the trailblazer cars in the Dirt game 🙂

Thanks Jeroen and indeed it does 👍