This 1:24 scale Hawker Typhoon with metal landing gear, Yahu Instrument panel and masks produced on my Silhouette Cameo cutting machine Depicts R8781 SA-H from 486 (New Zealand) Sqn, RAF Tangmere December 1942. Set on a display base with a plaque that is signed by three WWII Hawker Typhoon pilots in 2017. It comes with a certificate of authenticity and also a book showing the whole build process. The signatories are: Flt Lt David INCE DFC Flt Lt Derek Lovell Flt Lt George Wood 

This model is being donated to the Hawker Typhoon Preservation Group (RB396) for a very special auction coming later this year: to help raise funds to ensure that RB396 is restored back to flight as the worlds only genuine MkIb Typhoon. 

Richard Spreckley Scale Modelling is proud and honored to support the project not only as the resident modeler but in being able to donate this one off Special Edition 1/1 to the auction. For more details of the project and up-dates on the progress of the restoration to flight, plus how to join the supporters club and future events go to their FB page or: 

https://hawkertyphoon.com/black-tie-gala

https://hawkertyphoon.com/

#bepartofsomethingspecialRB396

DSC_5448

DSC_5478

DSC_5450

DSC_5444

DSC_5465

DSC_5477

• Like 52
  • Thanks 2

This is stunning! - your painting quality of the pilot is very noteworthy too.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

@RMCS Looks great! 

As a supporter of the Hawker Typhoon Preservation Group myself, I'd encourage everyone on BM to visit the link at the top of this post to see the great work already in progress to get RB396 back to airworthy condition and in the air again as the only flying Typhoon, and consider becoming a supporter themselves.  The trust is looking to raise £105,000 per month in order to meet the goal of having her flying again by 2024 - contributing a few bob is the least we can do to support this worthy cause.  👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jhutchi said:

Wow, that's lovely. Can we see it on the base? 

Thankyou, as soon as it's ready I will add the photos.

Absolutely stunning and hats off to you for not only such an amazing quality build but also donating it to the Hawker Typhoon Preservation Group! Looking forward to eventually being able to see a Hawker Typhoon flying (as well as a Tempest!) :)

• Like 1