1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 "Flogger" by ClearProp Models - MiG-23ML/MLA/MLA-2 & MLD released

Homebee

Greetings everyone!
The test assembly of the Clear Prop Models kit of Mig-23ML continues. At the current stage, all the main elements of the aircraft have been assembled, the model has been put on wheels.
It is necessary to give an explanation on the installation of the wing in the model.
As you know, all MiG-23 series aircraft have a variable geometry wing, which has 3 positions: 16 degrees, 45 degrees (or 33 degrees for MLD), 72 degrees. Most model manufacturers try to make it possible to change the angle of the wing, i.e. the wing in the model is most often made movable. Since this approach comes at the expense of copying (mechanization of slit closure is usually not provided for in models), we decided to go the other way. We offer to assemble the model in one of two options:
1) installation of the wing in the position of 16 degrees;
2) installation of the wing in the position of 72 degrees.
This approach to assembling the model will ensure maximum copying of all its elements.
The first test assembly is carried out with the wing set at 16 degrees.
Enjoy watching!

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, dimaADA said:

Greetings everyone!
The test assembly of the Clear Prop Models kit of Mig-23ML continues. At the current stage, all the main elements of the aircraft have been assembled, the model has been put on wheels.
It is necessary to give an explanation on the installation of the wing in the model.
As you know, all MiG-23 series aircraft have a variable geometry wing, which has 3 positions: 16 degrees, 45 degrees (or 33 degrees for MLD), 72 degrees. Most model manufacturers try to make it possible to change the angle of the wing, i.e. the wing in the model is most often made movable. Since this approach comes at the expense of copying (mechanization of slit closure is usually not provided for in models), we decided to go the other way. We offer to assemble the model in one of two options:
1) installation of the wing in the position of 16 degrees;
2) installation of the wing in the position of 72 degrees.
This approach to assembling the model will ensure maximum copying of all its elements.
The first test assembly is carried out with the wing set at 16 degrees.
Enjoy watching!

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

I like this approach as I never play wings on my finished Tornado, Tomcat etc. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Teeradej said:

I like this approach as I never play wings on my finished Tornado, Tomcat etc. 

Indeed. I always glue VG wings in a fixed position as well.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dimaADA said:

Greetings everyone!
The test assembly of the Clear Prop Models kit of MiG-23ML continues.

That moment when you planned to have only MF and UB, but suddenly you start to wonder who used ML and if there were interesting camouflage schemes. Unfortunately, there were 😅

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

I hope Eduard take the chance and the sprues (or from ICM) and do an "in Czech Service" like the Bedna kit in 1/48.

This may be something Clear Prop do themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drake122 said:

This is all great, but when can I buy it?🤣

The start of sales is planned for the autumn of 2022.  At the moment, preparations are underway for mass production, as well as the fix of bugs identified during this test assembly.

Edited by dimaADA
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, dimaADA said:

The start of sales is planned for the autumn of 2022.  At the moment, preparations are underway for mass production, as well as the fix of bugs identified during this test assembly.

Ready to order several! 🤤

17 hours ago, Hook said:

Indeed. I always glue VG wings in a fixed position as well.

Cheers,

Andre

Same here. And, in this case, it's quite nice the option of having the wing tanks as well.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23ML, MLA, MLD and P "Flogger" by ClearProp Models - 3D renders+sprues+test build+box art - release in 2022 ?

I'm looking forward to building a Libyan MLA-E. 

How much this - apart from the obvious (fin, etc) could be used to build an MF? I'm hoping the answer is very little as I am in the final stages of building a KP/RV MF ;)

Martin

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

How much this - apart from the obvious (fin, etc) could be used to build an MF? 

Modifications of MF and ML have a very large number of differences. The most important thing is the length of the fuselage. ML is shorter. But besides this, there are many other differences. In fact, from the ML version, this is a different aircraft.

• Like 3

Just now, dimaADA said:

Modifications of MF and ML have a very large number of differences. The most important thing is the length of the fuselage. ML is shorter. But besides this, there are many other differences. In fact, from the ML version, this is a different aircraft.

Thank you :) That is a relief :)

2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Box art - ref. CP72030 - Mikoyan Gurevitch MiG-23MLA (izdelie 23-12/23-12A) "Flogger-G"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Clearpropmodels/posts/pfbid02C9XJrCeWUr79cntRFafEC11G3MAzEi9vTkuP3FaEtfpJ1RvhXJG5PwEtTqqLhTVvl

300429991-3402500600032415-3487956398860

V.P.

Bože můj, that roundel on the wing might upset a few people! Maybe Photoshop that before anyone notices.🤣 

3 hours ago, drake122 said:

that roundel on the wing might upset a few people! Maybe Photoshop that before anyone notices

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Needs an orange dot in the middle, that's all. 

What's wrong? We cannot understand.

27 minutes ago, dimaADA said:

What's wrong? We cannot understand.

Your box artist painted the Czech roundel on the wing wrong. Some patriotic Czech modellers might take offense, haha (just a joke). It is nothing significant, he just mixed up the red and white colors... it does not affect the kit itself.

EDIT: I see now this has been corrected.

The other thing some people noted however, is that the lower airbrakes should be different left and right side, because of the folding ventral fin needs space to fit... is this reproduced on your kit? Other than that it seems very nice.

2 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Needs an orange dot in the middle, that's all. 

Well, well. I  wasn't aware that Mig-23 could operate in the... nether regions.🤣

Edited by drake122
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, drake122 said:

Your box artist painted the Czech roundel on the wing wrong. Some patriotic Czech modellers might take offense, haha (just a joke). It is nothing significant, he just mixed up the red and white colors... it does not affect the kit itself.

The other thing some people noted however, is that the lower airbrakes should be different left and right side, because of the folding ventral fin needs space to fit... is this reproduced on your kit? Other than that it seems very nice.

Everything is correct on our boxart. Please verify this yourself. Everything matches the picture you posted. All colors are in place.

2 minutes ago, dimaADA said:

Everything is correct on our boxart. Please verify this yourself. Everything matches the picture you posted. All colors are in place.

Yes, everything is correct now.

Original boxart picture below for reference.

file.php?id=1773489

• Like 3

Yes, the first picture was wrong. As soon as this was pointed out to us, we immediately made adjustments. But then the complaints went to the corrected picture, and here we could not understand what was the matter. Well, it's all right now. Boxart is fine. Thanks to everyone who pointed out the error.

• Like 5