1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23 "Flogger" by ClearProp Models - MiG-23ML/MLA/MLA-2 & MLD released

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23ML, MLA, MLD and P "Flogger" by ClearProp Models - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2022 ?

Fugelauge beakdown is....interesting.

Especially the wing gloves. Can be a pita to get everything aligned right...then again single-piece warping is a worse problem to fix!

Edited by Modelraynz

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,
We present to you the first test assembly of individual components and elements of the Mig-23ML model in an early version. There is the fin of the model:

1.jpg

As you can see, the model has several variants of the fin, which will make it easy to adapt to the desired prototype.

Engine's exhaust assembly. In the our basic kit we produced combustion stabilizer and exhaust nozzle regulating ring  as photoetched parts

2.jpg

Edited by dimaADA
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, dimaADA said:

Cockpit out of the box:

3-01.jpg

4-02.jpg

5-03.jpg

6-04.jpg

19 hours ago, dimaADA said:

Hello everyone,
We present to you the first test assembly of individual components and elements of the Mig-23ML model in an early version. There is the fin of the model:

1.jpg

As you can see, the model has several variants of the fin, which will make it easy to adapt to the desired prototype.

Engine's exhaust assembly. In the our basic kit we produced combustion stabilizer and exhaust nozzle regulating ring  as photoetched parts

2.jpg

This looks brilliant!

However there is on thing that I can not understand.
You wroten prototype above, ICM uses this world and maybe some other Ukrainian say proto too.
I dont get it. In thes cases, the models based on the type/variants prototype, not on a serial produced one?

45 minutes ago, Borisz said:

This looks brilliant!

Thank you!

46 minutes ago, Borisz said:

You wroten prototype above, ICM uses this world and maybe some other Ukrainian say proto too.
I dont get it. In thes cases, the models based on the type/variants prototype, not on a serial produced one?

The model based on a serial produced aircraft.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 11:26 AM, Borisz said:

I think it's a language/translation issue. In (my) Slavic language when you say prototype you can mean "that which served as the basis for". So if you're doing a model of a Mig-23, the prototype is the actual aircraft you took the measurements from.

Cheers!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cvrle said:

I think it's a language/translation issue. In (my) Slavic language when you say prototype you can mean "that which served as the basis for". So if you're doing a model of a Mig-23, the prototype is the actual aircraft you took the measurements from.

Cheers!

You must be right.
I quickly made a crosscheck with Google Translate. From Hungarian to English give te prototype as an option.
https://translate.google.com/?sl=hu&tl=en&text=mintapéldány&op=translate

Anyway I hope we can see a nice pair of R-24s in the box. Afak there is absolutely no R-24 in 1/72.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-23ML, MLA, MLD and P "Flogger" by ClearProp Models - 3D renders+sprues+test build - release in 2022 ?

Looking very sweet. If the quality is the same as their Skyshark kits (which it certainly will), this will be a real winner.    :)

Cheers,

Bill

PS. Sold that RV kit just in time...

22 minutes ago, dimaADA said:

This post will be about the set with armament load, which will be included with the model.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Very nice air-to-air selection. Maybe too late asking but I have to do anyway. Will does R-60 come with plastic nose fins as default? I see you designed PE for proper scale look but I prefer plastic moulded on for strength reason and I can accept thickness limitation of the plastic injection.

Edited by Teeradej
  • Thanks 2