Lukgraph Dragon Rapide, 1/32

Hello gang, my next project is Lukgraph's lovely Dragon Rapide. I've never built resin before, but it looks reasonably straightforward (famous last words!). 

I have a question regarding its rigging. Photoetch is supplied, roughly of the form of an attachment tab for each end of a wire, plus (obvs!) the wire itself. The instructions are silent on how the wires connect to the wings. I could surface mount them, but I don't know how good that would look. 

Does anyone with a history of Lukgraph biplanes have any experience or insight they could share?

Thanks in advance, 

Mike 

I can't help with Lukgraph it's self, but the attached is an DH 84 Dragon  layout and this is very similar to the Rapide centre struts The outer strut wires will be in line with the front wing spar and not to the base of thestrut.

John

Hucknall%20Merlin%20and%20Moths%20045_zp

Scan028_zpsvp2ihkbp.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Chaotic Mike Mike

For the flat flying wires and their associated mounts, Radu Brinzan does a range of these in 1/32 scale as photo etch, He also does a sheet of flying wire terminals, specific to the flat/aerodynamic wires.

They all feature on this page of his website http://www.radubstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_68

Matt