Tamiya P-38F

Absolutely gorgeous. Outstanding weathering. She just plain looks real! I'm curious to know, though, what you meant in your opening remarks when you said, "Doesn't need glue." 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Absolutely gorgeous. Outstanding weathering. She just plain looks real! I'm curious to know, though, what you meant in your opening remarks when you said, "Doesn't need glue." 

The fit is so precise when you put the booms onto the main body and the tailplane and rudders all connect once you've done that, that they kind of lock in place, truly amazing. I did run some Tamiya liquid cement very carefully around the front joins of the booms around the engine but these parts don't need much. You can quite comfortably finish the body, booms, tailplane and rudders separately which makes things easier. I didn't have to glue the main gear doors, they slot into a gap along a natural seam line, fantastic

• Thanks 1

Impressive paint job! I am building one too but it is nowhere near as nice...

But your canopy seems a bit wrong. This is a P-38F and the top of the canopy opens to the right when viewed from behind. The sidepannels disappear in the body when the pilot wants to open them, they do not swing open. 

16 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Impressive paint job! I am building one too but it is nowhere near as nice...

But your canopy seems a bit wrong. This is a P-38F and the top of the canopy opens to the right when viewed from behind. The sidepannels disappear in the body when the pilot wants to open them, they do not swing open. 

Aaagghh..you're quite right, will fix right away. Many thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inshala said:

Aaagghh..you're quite right, will fix right away. Many thanks!

909F4E9B-82D6-423B-A3B2-F0A0BE12AE4F_1_201_a 9FADBF44-00BB-4CD9-8715-8AF826894D5F_1_201_a

Fit is so good again, no need for glue. Thanks lightpainter

• Like 1