Bristol 171 sycamore

15 hours ago, Hewy said:

Thanks, the belly section is the most important, the 4 piece canopy will be stressful ,but should fit fine , the clear parts molding on the front bit of mine is poor, whats the one in your kit like?

From a quick inspection mine seems to be OK. Other clear parts have finr scratches though, may need to polish them out.

• Thanks 1

I've  got the major assembly done with no dramas ,and had a bash at the rear folding seats, I've  had to add weight under the floor at the front to prevent tail sit,the front of the cockpit is still in progress, and i discoverd the kit does include the option of folded rotors, with the boom support,

I'm pondering cutting out one of the doors, the kit comes with 2 choices of side with the doors molded shut , if i do i can cut inside one door and the outside of another,

If I'm  happy with the cockpit when its painted I'll do it

The gap has been sanded and scribed, thats storage room i believe 

ZY3Y1P4.jpg

A bit of weight under the floor, wheel struts fitted

YOrzhvW.jpg

The pe parts for the air vent on the top were single pieces you have to use a razor saw to embed them a little , there are guide marks on the plastic, 

Step rails added both sides some pictures of xg 544 have them on some don't,  i think they'll make it look a bit more busy

XwJiUcA.jpg

My effort at the folding seats, the kit supplies either a large cushioned bench seat or the folded down position canvas ones, the plastic is a little thick and they look basic,

So i had a go at making some the middle one in its folded position, i can find no clear reference for these so they are a bit vague, i used foil for the canvas and stretched sprue for the frames, with a bit of ez line

gjefeQW.jpg

6pEyI7w.jpg

Front seats fitted and the pe seat belts , maybe a sheepskin seat cover next,🤔

J137R0S.jpg

Cheers all

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 15

Cheers craig,i appreciate  it pal, i only went and put the wrong step on the port side like a numpty, I've  rectified it and got some of the cockpit done

Both sets of steps will have a good sanding to thin them a little when the glue has set, its nigh on impossible to  properly sand these delicate parts off the sprue, they very easily break with this plastic

ENfb9om.jpg

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

love the elongated control column.

Yes, i bet the fella driving ,and his associate had to wear some form of eye protection there

• Haha 1

G'day Glynn,

Very nice work so far. I have one of these so watching eagerly to see how a pro puts it together,

cheers,

Pappy

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mackem01 said:

Will you be fitting  the glasshouse fully assembled or in pieces??

Cheers glad you like it so far ,When i test fitted the clear parts earlier  i held it together with tape, i put the top bit on first,then sides and front last, I'll  probably do it the same way, but if i can get my cockpit painted up half as good  as @Pappy does I'm going to cut out a door to have open🤞,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hewy said:

Flippin eck pappy, I'm  a pro bricklayer thats about it😁

Is there no end to your list of talents :)

cheers,

Pappy

• Haha 1

Hi Glynn. Hope you are keeping well. Beautiful modelling going on here!! It really is looking superb!! The cockpit is looking fantastic! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Very nice work Glynn. Agree with adding the external steps, particularly the correct ones ;) 'copters are such fussy and complicated looking machines that all the external details included on your model suits that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've  bitten the bullet and cut off the control sticks and made some shorter ones from wire,  then re fitted the hand grips ,and attached the pe foot pedals

sNx1MMz.jpg

And got the rear seat belts in place

Mmpvkif.jpg

Also I've  started to paint the interior,  to try and save a bit of time, i airbrushed without masks, its only roughed in at present,   details next,  and I'll sharpen up the edges  with a brush 

bFy125S.jpg

GYmRaGu.jpg

jbtLzs5.jpg

• Like 21

Excellent work with this Glynn.

This build might well become the definitive design for the rear seats when the rest of us get round to building ours!

Colin  

• Like 1

@PlaStix thanks pal,glad you like it so far

1 hour ago, Colin W said:

This build might well become the definitive design for the rear seats when the rest of us get round to building ours!

Thanks colin

Somebody will have better reference pictures than i could find  ,and they will probably show my attenpt as 70% guess work 30% pure 😋fiction 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've painted up the interior,  and got the ip on , I'm  not too handy with the brush work , but I've still cut out the pilots door , now  I'll  have to paint the frame interior, and sort out any other bits I'm  having inside, 

Cheers all

The ip decal folded up on me and i lost it, so i filled in the instrument holes with white glue

6AyhBgJ.jpg

0xluSQh.jpg

FamJ3Lu.jpg

• Like 16

On 26/07/2020 at 06:13, JOCKNEY said:

can see these moving to the top of the build pile in lots of stashes

I'd have very much liked to have seen one built pat before i started this, but i reckon the canopy should go together relatively hitch free, cheers mate

• Like 1