Weathering 3 colour camouflage

Hi all,

I recently sprayed my Mörser Karl in a 3 colour camouflage. Not bad for a very first attempt ever on spraying camo, I think.

Up until now, I always painted single colour vehicles. After laying don a base colour on these, I misted a layer of a lighter colour on them (eg Gray or Blue Grey over a Dark Grey base) to give a forced high lights effect. 

Now for the 3 tone camo, this is not possible (soft edges). Does any one of you have an idea how to accomplish the wished effect? 
798993-36520-59-1440.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

Looks really good!

You can use oil paints such as lighter and darker than the base color yellow, green and brown, with a small amount of diluent. For a better view, you can use cooler shades in deeper, darker areas, and warmer ones in well-lit areas (as in real life - sunlight is warm yelow, shadows are cold blue). The more shades, the better the modell looks :)

Vytautas

Thanks guys... I got many advices, some similar, some different... I have to sit and contemplate what is (for me) the best technique. The first thing to do, however, is to lay down some gloss varnish and apply decals, then seal them with matte varnish...