Revell Snaptite '34 Ford Coupe

I'm suffering a bit from aircraft overload at the moment, the various Group Builds on the go recently have seen my car output pushed to the back of the build line. 

A car build of some sort is called for as a refresher, but it can't fill the workbench for too long, planes want to land there!

The solution was to bang out a Revell Snaptite '34 Ford Coupe!

Bought from Heritage Aviation before they closed, for a very reasonable sum, it's not the worlds most detailed kit, nor does it get the cars shape right, especially around the screen and grill area. It was there and it needed building though.

No glue involved, it all er, Snaps Tite together.

Parts were trimmed, followed by a couple of coats of Rustoleum Primer. Black spray primer for the interior as well. All box stock, nothing added. A bit Street Roddy for me but I didn't want to get bogged down changing anything. The tail lights are not my taste for instance, but I let 'em go. The car sits perfectly and the wheel and tire combo is good for the late sixties onward, so nothing got changed there either.

While that dried I made the base out of Greystock card. Black primer for the road. Garden dirt and sand plus a bit of railway scenic for the roadside and a strip of Tamiya masking tape for the yellow line. The car was screwed together and sat on its new home as soon as the paint was dry enough to handle. An afternoons relaxed work got the thing finished!!

Here's the '34.

Pictures taken on a black kitchen cupboard door, donated for the purpose by a mate,  Photoshop Auto Contrast used although better lighting would have had the same effect, along with a bit of de-speckling to take the dust out.

IMG-2339.jpg

IMG-2346.jpg

IMG-2347.jpg

IMG-2348.jpg

IMG-2349.jpg

• Like 10