Ventura! Revell's PV-1

You very effectively got the well worn look and it's very convincing. The model is awesome looking. Thanks for the kit overview. It's nice to know it goes together so well. Makes it a tempting buy.

Great job!!! Love the PV-1 Ventura. My dad was a top turret gunner on the PV-1 and -2. And for the record, the Revell kit is not a bad kit to build. I built my dads ride from Betio Island/Tarawa 1944. We need a Harpoon kit to go with the Ventura

Thanks for your supportive comments, everyone. Much appreciated!

5 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Can you give us a tutorial in weathering or an overview of the products you used to crest this masterpiece? 

A while ago, I did a WIP thread here on Tamiya's P-38, which allowed me to experiment with a lot of the approaches I used on the Ventura. I've also got a lot of ideas and inspiration from the builds I see here. I don't really have a streamlined process - just lots of trial and error, pushing things too far then pulling them back again. The nice thing about Mission Model paints is that they are quite transparent when thinned, which allowed me to build successive layers of grime throughout the painting process. 

I also spent too much time staring at photos of Venturas, wondering how I could imply the kind of wear and tear that inspired this build. 

Cheers!

• 3 years later...