Hasegawa 1/72 Grumman Avenger II

Evening all,

Two for the price of one today... This is the Hasegawa Avenger finished as a Mk II of 849 NAS, again sprayed with Hataka Orange Line paints, using US matches of Gunship Grey and Olive Drab as recommended by the Xtradecal 'Yanks with Roundels' decal sheet from which the markings came from. EDSG and DSG were used where previous markings were overpainted. Not my best build but another important addition to my expanding FAA collection.

50062114923_f6a2a9c0ae_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Grumman Avenger II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062114898_9514bb5886_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Grumman Avenger II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062114868_4a2d89f474_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Grumman Avenger II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062672796_86c4287af0_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Grumman Avenger II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50062928077_e882d20ecf_o.jpgHasegawa 1/72 Grumman Avenger II by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking in, as ever comments are welcomed

Shaun

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

What stands out to me is how effective your windscreen, cockpit covering and gun turret masking is. The result is wonderfully sharp edges of the frames. You obviously know the technique and use it very effectively. A very well done Avenger. For me that you masked and painted so well in 1/72 is all the more impressive.

• Like 6

Thanks for the kind feedback all, much appreciated

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

What stands out to me is how effective your windscreen, cockpit covering and gun turret masking is. The result is wonderfully sharp edges of the frames. You obviously know the technique and use it very effectively. A very well done Avenger. For me that you masked and painted so well in 1/72 is all the more impressive.

8 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Shaun,

That is a beautiful Turkey- colors look very good, and you did a 4.0 job masking the transparencies. Well done! 👍

Mike

Regarding the masking, I'll admit that it is Eduard that did all the hard work.... There's no way I could mask a greenhouse canopy and turret as neatly as this without using a mask set, and frankly I find life is too short these days to even try!

Thanks again,

Shaun

• Like 1