Winter Marder II in 1/35

Here's the ancient Tamiya Marder II with my first attempt at a whitewash camouflage. I think the Panzer Grey base coat is probably wrong as I believe these vehicles all left the factory in Dark Yellow, but it's just for practice. I was aiming for a reasonably fresh finish where the white hadn't all worn off. I used oils and enamels to depict wear and scatches rather than a chipping medium or hairspray, but I'm keen to try that technique on a future build  I also used some Vallejo mud and pigments on the wheels and tracks, flicking the mix up at the rear. The kit itself is a bit toy-like - I refined some of the parts in the fighting compartment, added some new tools, removed the radio set and drilled out the exhaust, but the crude wheels and tracks are its main failings.

Best wishes

Ian

spacer.png  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

15 hours ago, Nev said:

Great job, I remember building this kit as a kid in the mid 80s, which shows it's vintage.....

Thanks. Yes, the kit was released in 1971. In those days you could get little motors for them too. My first ever Tamiya kit (a Christmas present) was the Tiger I which was wired to a basic remote control unit. I had great fun driving that around the garden! 😀