Grille Sd.Kfz.138/1

Yes, I know about the problem with images. I use scalemates.com for photo hosting, and I accidentally deleted my photo folder there. Now I'm restoring little by little. 

6 hours ago, Longbow said:

Any chance of a step-by-step instructions the carving ?

OK, I will try...

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I warn everyone: take your time, otherwise, you will have problems!

spacer.png

Only a month has passed, and I have already made a new first-aid kit (the original on the right)!

I suspect that I am working too fast, at this rate I will finish the model in ten years. What will I do then? This is a very serious problem! Probably need to slow down :rofl:

Vytautas

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, vytautas said:

I warn everyone: take your time, otherwise, you will have problems!

spacer.png

Only a month has passed, and I have already made a new first-aid kit (the original on the right)!

I suspect that I am working too fast, at this rate I will finish the model in ten years. What will I do then? This is a very serious problem! Probably need to slow down :rofl:

Vytautas

Dang, have to start calling you, Speedy !!

Great work there !! ;)

• Thanks 1

Thank for the kind words!

43 minutes ago, APA said:

it scratch or a kit?

I made first aid kit from scratch. 
I made it from a plastic plate. Sides of 0.3 mm, top 0.5 mm. I drill and cut holes for the locks and handle on the sides, and glued plastic plates on the inside, which are the bottom of the holes.
I cut and glued small pieces from the 0.3 mm plate into the lock holes.
When gluing the hole in the handle, I used a lot of glue and squeezed the plates hard. The plastic melted from the glue, and the excess plastic formed a handle.
I made a belt from Tamiya tape, a buckle of 0.2 mm copper wire. Painted with acrylic Tamiya. Decal Passion Models

Vytautas

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vytautas said:

Thank for the kind words!

I made first aid kit from scratch. 
I made it from a plastic plate. Sides of 0.3 mm, top 0.5 mm. I drill and cut holes for the locks and handle on the sides, and glued plastic plates on the inside, which are the bottom of the holes.
I cut and glued small pieces from the 0.3 mm plate into the lock holes.
When gluing the hole in the handle, I used a lot of glue and squeezed the plates hard. The plastic melted from the glue, and the excess plastic formed a handle.
I made a belt from Tamiya tape, a buckle of 0.2 mm copper wire. Painted with acrylic Tamiya. Decal Passion Models

Vytautas

thats a really great tip on the first aid kit... I assume thr Wespe would've had one, may have to try your technique

1 hour ago, Jack Klugman said:

Awesome work! It's a pity that I hadn't seen your Grille before.  In my build something I would have changed.

16 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Awesome work! It's a pity that I hadn't seen your Grille before.  In my build something I would have changed.

You have done a lot more than me in certain areas, note the engine bay you wont be able to see much of it when everything is installed, the grille was a rather compromised design !

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 11:36 AM, Jack Klugman said:

note the engine bay you wont be able to see much of it when everything is installed, the grille was a rather compromised design !

I am want to leave the left engine hatch open so that part of the engine can be seen. So that the commander's seat does not interfere, I will make it folded into the fighting compartment.

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas

9 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

nice work... where did you get the stencil for the first aid kit from?

Stencil from Passion Models: https://www.passionmodels.jp/product/266

Everything, what you need for German self-propelled guns: stickers for radio umformers, firing tables, various inscriptions inside the fighting compartment. 

Suitable for Grille, Wespe, Bison, Hummel, etc.

spacer.png

Vytautas

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Stencil from Passion Models: https://www.passionmodels.jp/product/266

Everything, what you need for German self-propelled guns: stickers for radio umformers, firing tables, various inscriptions inside the fighting compartment. 

Suitable for Grille, Wespe, Bison, Hummel, etc.

spacer.png

Vytautas

ohhhh have a Wespe in the stash... may have to look for this set before building it