Airfix BAC 1-11 - FINISHED

Really nice work Julian, and there were windows in the original kits, I built two a number of years ago, finished in Aer Lingus and Dan Air colours. I am waiting for two sets of decals to arrive from 26decals (BA and early B. Cal) so that I can strip and rebuild those. Your build is providing me with some great tips for when I start those.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thats a nice smooth coat of paint Julian.

It is, isn't it. There's a fairly new (as in the last couple of years) Australian manufacturer called Scale Modellers Supply or SMS, they make a nice-range of airbrush-ready acrylic lacquers that come in Mr Paint-style bottles - this is their insignia white. It airbrushes very well indeed - good coverage and a nice smooth coat - I'm a total convert!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, zebra said:

Decals done. Not a lot left to do - just needs undercarriage and a few aerials.

Wow - that must be the understatement of the year, Julian! 'Decals done'.... They really bring your modded (a job in itself) kit to life. Which set did you use? Fantastic build. All the best. Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ventora3300 said:

Wow - that must be the understatement of the year, Julian! 'Decals done'.... They really bring your modded (a job in itself) kit to life. Which set did you use? Fantastic build. All the best. Mike.

Thanks Mike! The decals are from Two Six

• Thanks 1