Bf109G-2 canopy question

jackroadkill

Hi all, I'm building a Hobby Boss G-2 and looking for a suitable cockpit mask set.  I'm struggling to find one, but am wondering if the canopy assembly is similar to ones found on some E models. 

Can anyone advise, please?

Thanks in advance,

JRK

The answer is yes, late mark Bf-109E canopy is similar to Bf-109 G2 canopy but not exactly the same. You might try Montex who do a number of 109G canopy masks.

Wulfman

Edited by Wulfman
  • Thanks 1

The G-2 has thicker framing especially on the forward canopy section. Then you have the issue that different kit manufacturers always end up with slightly different sized/shaped canopies. I'm a huge fan of using pre-cut masks, but honestly a badly fitting one is worse than none at all. Nearly all the sections on a 109 canopy are simple geometric shapes, it would be easier to make masks yourself in this case than try to adapt one not designed for it.

• Thanks 1

PMask does a set for the Hobby Boss Bf109F-4 - and I'm willing to bet that will be a near-as-dammit fit on the G-2 as well.  You won't need the lower quarterlight panels, but the rest should be near-enough.

In stock at Hannants, part no pk48061

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Werdna said:

PMask does a set for the Hobby Boss Bf109F-4 - and I'm willing to bet that will be a near-as-dammit fit on the G-2 as well.  You won't need the lower quarterlight panels, but the rest should be near-enough.

In stock at Hannants, part no pk48061

Thanks - it just happens to be pay day....!

• Like 2

Talking of payday - Hannants has a minimum order value, so you'll probably need to add another item or two to qualify for free postage.... ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Werdna said:

Talking of payday - Hannants has a minimum order value, so you'll probably need to add another item or two to qualify for free postage.... ;) 

What a bummer, eh?!

• Like 1

Hi Jack

Sorry I mislead you, I assumed you were doing the 1/72 Hobby Boss Bf109G-2, As an aficionado of the gentleman’s scale  I did not even know that Hobby Boss did one in 1/48. Doh !

Wulfman

Edited by Wulfman
  • Thanks 1