BANANA!!! Well I had to really... Finished!!

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

oh yeah just blame me.......

Always.  :bleh:

You'll get it licked Craig.  It's not like you to let a banana get the best of you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

.though it maybe I just has a smutty mind!  :D

Are you trying to say that you haven't?

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

All that aside, it does look good, though some of those joins will be a bit difficult to sort out. Maybe on a better fitting model the paint first would have been ok. But it's ok, you still have 10 days to finish this before your other duties are required!!!!  :D

Yes I don't think the metallic finish is going to survive. :(  It may be that she gains a different finish than the one I had planned, especially if I'm to be ready for my tour of Vietnam.

9 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Dear Aunty Budgie Smuggler from down under

I think that should be Rich's new moniker from now on!

6 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

He’s got me into the double entendres too.

Hmmm, I hardly think that you are completely innocent in this H.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Any more work on this one?  Or is it still sitting in timeout for bad behavior?

The banana is off the naughty step and back on the bench Chris.

She has had the white top sprayed and is currently being masked ready for dayglo areas to be painted yellow, I need to fade through to it in a couple of places, which should hopefully happen tomorrow.

Putting aside the banana related dad jokes (for now anyway) its time to prove that the banana is back in work.

Since my last update with piccies I have masked and sprayed the white upper surfaces and then masked and painted a yellow base for the dayglo areas and then painted the dayglo itself. I gave it a lighter coat in areas that were showing fading in the picture I have used for reference (different to the one linked at the start) and have also very lightly sanded through to the yellow too. After that was done I cut a circular mask for the area on the top of the spine where the national marking goes and then masked and painted the black along the spine using an off-black if you know what I mean. 

Pictures are better than words so here are a couple, starting with a shot of the whole airframe;

spacer.png

And a closer look at the dayglo band around the mid fuselage which hopefully shows the fading;

spacer.png

You can probably see the remains of a poor attempt at painting the black cheatline down the fuselage, this has now been covered over with thin decal strips, in fact I have started the decalling proper and have the national markings on but I shall save any more pics until the process is completed.

Thats it for today so as usual thanks for looking and any comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 11

20 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great progress on the Banana, and nice neat job of the canopy masking.

This is really going to stand out when its finished. 

cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat, very much appreciated.

I need to remember to paint the canopy black before I remove the masking.

12 hours ago, Jabba said:

Like the faded Dayglo effect, much better than in your face brightness.

Cheers Jabba, you should have seen it before it got faded, definitely needed sunglasses for that!

3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

That’s looking nice Craig. Looking forward to seeing the finished pictures. 

Cheers H, I'm falling back in love with the banana and am really looking forward to getting her finished now.

20 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very pleased to report that I have finished playing with my banana.

I shall take some pics tomorrow in what will hopefully be much better light than we have had today.

Looking forward to see your well polished banana in bright day light ... 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Looking forward to see your well polished banana in bright day light ... 

Your wish is my command!

As if by magic here are some pics of the newly completed Banana, I shall be sticking 5 in the gallery too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A huge thank you to all who have been following the sometimes torturous progress on this build, your support has been very much appreciated and to be honest without some of your encouragement it might never have been finished. It is far from my best build but I do quite like the end result, I like how the dayglo turned out and the fading of it and it has given me the confidence to do it on future projects. I have learned some lessons on this build and will attempt another in the future which will hopefully stick together a bit better.

So as usual thanks for looking in and all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 22