BANANA!!! Well I had to really... Finished!!

10 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I’m sure running around in budgie smugglers armed with tissues is against the Geneva convention too!

so for everyone's sake will you please stop doing that!!!  :tease:

• Haha 2

The banana is back!

I have finished my other build so I am now able to give my poor neglected banana the attention that it deserves. As I mentioned earlier the upper and lower fuselage seams have been giving me a bit of grief and simply refuse to stick firmly together no matter what I use, but I have got them to a state where I can live with them and have to push on or the poor old 'nana will never get finished. I have rescribed the badly mismatched panel lines on the top and bottom (ha ha I said bottom!), and then re-joined the fuselage again and have removed the metallic paint back to a panel line as there was no way I could re-spray it and not have an obvious step and I believe the one I want to build has the top of the fuselage in white anyway. The main canopy was then masked (took ages!) and fitted to the fuselage, I say "fitted" but it really fits where it touches, doesn't conform to the contours of the lower fuselage and has a nice gap on each side where it should meet up too, oh joy. I now have the task of trying to fill this gap without damaging the metallic paint, should be fun! Anyway thats more than enough waffle here are some pics starting with general top and bottom (he he I said it again!) shots;

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then the side with the smaller gap.

spacer.png

Followed by the side with the not so small gap.

spacer.png

You can also see where the bottom of the fuselage to canopy joint is less than spectacular, and here is another shot of it from below;

spacer.png

In contrast the top of the canopy fits perfectly, go figure!

spacer.png

At this point I am wondering why I bothered painting the metal first as there will be nothing left of it by the time I have sorted out the joints, oh the joys of modelling. Nothing for it but to reach for the PPP and pray for the best, I have already decided that the undersides will have to just be the best I can get them, as nobody will be touching my banana and turning upside down.

There should be enough double entendres in there to keep certain members sniggering for a while!

Thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hi Craig. Hope you are well. Good to see more progress on this one although it does look as if it's fighting you all the way!! I'm sure you'll be able to knock it into shape! :fight: :fight: 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Hope you are well. Good to see more progress on this one although it does look as if it's fighting you all the way!! I'm sure you'll be able to knock it into shape! :fight: :fight: 

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, yes we're all okay thanks, a bit on the hot and sweaty side but okay otherwise, I hope that you and yours are all okay too.

To be honest the banana is winning at the moment, her continued refusal to remain glued together (yes the fuselage has opened up again!) combined with the heat has drained me of the will to continue today, hopefully I will get some done soon.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Hi Stix, yes we're all okay thanks, a bit on the hot and sweaty side but okay otherwise, I hope that you and yours are all okay too.

To be honest the banana is winning at the moment, her continued refusal to remain glued together (yes the fuselage has opened up again!) combined with the heat has drained me of the will to continue today, hopefully I will get some done soon.

Hope you can sort the ‘banana split’ craig

• Thanks 1

Hi Craig,

nice progress on the banana, a pity for how it is fighting you: I built one many years ago and it was a pleasant experience.

If I remember well I had a small problem with the front u/c location: it should be in line with the transition from the metal to the perspex cabin, while Italeri put it a little back. Maybe I'm wrong, but please check it: it wouldn't be easy to repair after applying a metal livery!

• Thanks 1

yes if you had read the last post out of text it could have been taken form a "men's" magazine form the 70's!!   :rofl2:  Keep this up and you'll be made an honorary Queenslander, commonly referred to as "Banana Benders"! (my home state)

..so I am now able to give my poor neglected banana the attention that it deserves. As I mentioned earlier the upper and lower fuselage seams have been giving me a bit of grief and simply refuse to stick firmly together no matter what I use, but I have got them to a state where I can live with them and have to push on or the poor old 'nana will never get finished. 

and then...

....I say "fitted" but it really fits where it touches, doesn't conform to the contours of the lower fuselage and has a nice gap on each side where it should meet up too, oh joy. I now have the task of trying to fill this gap without damaging the......

and finally......

Nothing for it but to reach for the PPP and pray for the best, I have already decided that the undersides will have to just be the best I can get them, as nobody will be touching my banana and turning upside down.

...though it maybe I just has a smutty mind!  :D

All that aside, it does look good, though some of those joins will be a bit difficult to sort out. Maybe on a better fitting model the paint first would have been ok. But it's ok, you still have 10 days to finish this before your other duties are required!!!!  :D

Now I'm off to see what other smut I can find hidden in posts! :devil:

• Haha 3

Oh no, help us all, @trickyrich is ruining people’s threads(nothing new there to be fair!) and turning himself into an agony aunt in the process. 

I can see it now.....

Dear Aunty Budgie Smuggler from down under............

Back to the real thread, maybe it’s the excessive heat that has made your banana go limp Craig...

Hope you manage to sort it soon dude. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Oh no, help us all, @trickyrich is ruining people’s threads(nothing new there to be fair!) and turning himself into an agony aunt in the process. 

I can see it now.....

Dear Aunty Budgie Smuggler from down under............

Back to the real thread, maybe it’s the excessive heat that has made your banana go limp Craig.....

Hope you manage to sort it soon dude. 

He’s got me into the double entendres too. 

• Haha 2