BANANA!!! Well I had to really... Finished!!

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks Paul, I had considered one from the Congo but the test themed one from Edwards won in the end.

.....or you could build both????

What is Beethoven's favorite fruit?

(sing to the tune of 5th symphony): Banana..na....! Banana..na....! 

Today I learnt that humans eat more bananas than monkeys.........I can't remember the last time I ate a monkey

My friend says to me "What rhymes with banana?".......And I told him "No it doesn't"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sorry Craig.. Had to post it. 

https://youtu.be/TeRDHjD7wUg

No need to apologise for a Minion and banana related clip Dennis, ever!

52 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

sorry but I now have to raise you with this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl6HnhFFIA

Why can't they make shows like this anymore...I loved it!!! :wub:

Poor Craig, he'll get his thread back one day :D

One of my childhood favourites too Rich, fantastic! And now I'll have the theme tune going round in my head for the rest of the day! Far higher quality TV than gets produced these days too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:02 PM, modelling minion said:

We are turning into a proper little @trickyrich aren't we! I'll be getting the pokey-pokey stick before you know it!

It must be the resin dust :o 

As for your other projects; W.W.E.M.D. ;) 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:25 AM, trickyrich said:

it's like one of those dodgy C grade horror movie.....where you mention the evil characters name and they appear to wreak havoc for the rest of the movie!

That's me! :D...

Haven't you got models to be building or a house to be moving into or something? :huh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Haven't you got models to be building or a house to be moving into or something? :huh:

unfortunately no!  :fraidnot:  

Have been waiting for weeks for the final approval for loan for our new house, so everything is still all packed ready for moving. I haven't raised a modelling tool in anger for over 5 weeks now!! :crying:

• Sad 5

5 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

You would think Craig should have made a start by now.

I actually have! The cockpit and interior are being built as we speak, I'm not adding anything to the interior as 1; the paint scheme is the most important thing for me on this build and 2; you can't see a thing inside it with the doors closed up. Piccies to follow later, hopefully.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

can we have pictures?

Your wish is my command!

Right then here are some pics of the current state of play with my banana, no smart comments please!

spacer.png

As you can see the main cockpit and cabin parts have been painted and fitted, the seats and controls still need to be fitted to the cockpit and I will add a couple of bits in the cockpit too such as a fire extinguisher. The rear cabin seats have been given a coat of red as they are visible through the cabin windows and whilst they are way too thick for the scale they are more than adequate when viewed from the outside. The interior colours of the H-21 are a bit of a pain as they seem to have come in every colour from light grey through to a mid green so I chose a colour (Halfords grey primer from a rattle can) which was easy to apply and fits some of the pics I have seen.

spacer.png

A couple of the interior areas are zinc chromate and they have been painted accordingly and the bulkhead parts for these areas fitted too.

spacer.png

One of these has a representation of the engine and whilst it isn't brilliant there isn't any point in going to town and detailing it as the picture below shows what will be visible.

spacer.png

Thats right, bugger all! And thats with holding it and turning it to be able to see the most, which NOBODY will be doing with my finished model!

Italeri do provide a small section of plastic mesh to cut up and fit to the interior of the upper fuselage where there is a very prominent section of the stuff on the real thing, I thought about replacing it with some actual wire mesh but thought I would give the Italeri stuff a go and am actually quite pleased with how it looks and it was certainly easy to cut into shape, here is a closer look;

spacer.png

Now one thing that isn't good with this kit becomes obvious when you join the fuselage halves together, the panel lines don't match on the forward fuselage!

spacer.png

So I will need to fill them on one side and rescribe some which actually match, not a terribly difficult job to do but one which shouldn't be necessary.

So thats it for now, thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 15

Some nice work on your erm.... banana, I though bananas only had vertical seams. Horizontal ones are wrinkles in the skin :whistle:

Be careful when rescribing, you don’t want to slip and........

Looks like a few challenges ahead. 

• Like 1

Cheers Rich, yes it is a nice model and apart from a few niggles like the panel lines is giving no issues at all so far.

Since the last update I have finished the cockpit to which I added a scratchbuilt (slightly dodgy) fire extinguisher, by the looks of things H-21 pilots must have been especially bred to be able to reach all the controls whilst sitting that far away from them!

spacer.png

In a new move for myself I have decided to paint the two halves before joining them together as it makes it a lot easier and saves masking the windows which I can pretty much guarantee I would knock inside whilst doing it. As the fuselage is polished Aluminium I have given it a coat of Vallejo black primer which will be glossed and polished to a nice sheen so that the metallic paint that goes on afterwards should hopefully have a nice shine to it, thats the plan anyway.

spacer.png

The tail parts and doors have been given the same treatment.

spacer.png

I need these to dry properly before I can start the polishing process so they won't get touched until tomorrow, gives me time to start masking that great goldfish bowl of a canopy!

Thats it for today so as usual thanks for looking in and all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

That looks good Craig, that’s one side of the banana taken care of, what goes in the other side of the bend? :whistle:

Thanks H, never ask a man what goes on on the other side of his banana!

3 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Good work as always Craig, my those lines are waay off.

Cheers Paul, yes they are off by a bit. They are filled in now and will be rescribed soon, or possibly when the fuselage halves are joined together.

Off to spend the rest of the evening polishing my banana! 😉

• Haha 6

that was a small task so what did you do for the rest of the night??? :rofl2:

That's an interesting plan you have for painting, will you be masking off the panels around the joins and painting them later?

If A is for apple, and B is for banana, then what is C for?

Plastic explosives.

What did the banana say to the vibrator?

Why are you shaking? She's gonna eat me!

• Haha 2