Anigrand 1/144 XC-99

SAT69

Thanks to 6thCCU for pointing this out to me under the Roden B-36B topic.  Anigrand is to release a new 1/144 XC-99, though the release date has not been released. Hannants shows the forthcoming kit on their site but a search of the internet unearthed no additional information. Nor did I see anything on the Anigrand website confirming this release. Given that Hannants has it listed, this doesn't appear to be a rumored release but the lack of further information makes the status of this project hard to determine. I'm not familiar with Anigrand's practices regarding information on new releases so I'm definitely open to education from more experienced Britmodelers.

Hullo. I’ve actually bought quite a bit from Anigrand over the years. Their website is frustratingly out of date but they are still manufacturing and producing new releases.

Anigrand are HK based. They have issued two releases in the past six months after a pretty long break from things. Generally Hannants is quite slow to receive them but curiously do seem to know what is coming next. Two of the future releases hannants put up recently have since been released (their YRB-49 and Convair XP6Y), though I bought both from the US distributor (same price, even with postage and I lucked out on customs both times). 

Anigrand do a lot of casting for other manufacturers (Fantastic Plastic and A&W from Japan) so their release shedule is quite erratic. 

If you’ve not built Anigrand kits before they are surprisingly nice. They used to have a bad reputation for fit, accuracy and moulding quality. I think most of that is resolved now and certainly both fit and casting of recent releases has been outstanding. I don’t take callipers to my models (a slippery slope I fear!) but I have no complaints on accuracy. 

Each release comes with three smaller ‘bonus kits’ (ie 4 kits per box) which generally are loosely related to the big subject. Sometimes. If you’re not interested in these you can always sell them to saddos like me on eBay to defray the Admittedly rather high asking price per kit. Decals aren’t great however. 

SO, in sum. Anigrand will highly likely release the XC-99 (which I too am very excited for). Just don’t hold your breath - it could be over a year away. It will probably be worth the wait when it is released, in my view. Others may disagree if course!

Hope that’s some help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2