Aircraft Paint Stand & Accessories EBMA Hobby & Craft

Julien

Aircraft Paint Stand & Accessories

EBMA Hobby & Craft

spacer.png

We all have all at some time struggled when painting and or decaling in that situation where you need a third hand. EBMA have now come up with a modular aircraft stand to help out with this. It will take a wide variety of 1/72 aircraft and some smaller 1.48 such as single engine fighters.  The base dimensions when built up are 252mm x 236mm. There are then four slots in each side of the top of the T for the wing supports, and 10 in the body for tail supports. There are four different height tail supports (30mm, 40mm, 50mm and 60mm high), and 3 pairs of different height wing supports (.35mm, 5mm and 55mm high). These parts are on one flat sheet and just press out.

spacer.png

Filled with my 1/72 Canberra to give scale

Construction is simple, and will require some PVA to glue the sections together, and having some clamps handy will be a boon for getting strong joints.  The joints will also be stronger if you use proper woodworking PVA glue, which can be sourced online easily and cheaply if you’re in need.  Instructions are found online to save paper and cost, and yes you do really need to look at them. If you have built any kind of flat pack you already know this! This set like many others from EBMA comes with little magnets which you can use for to keep more than one of their modular units together. 

bin.jpg

Large Supports

If you find you want or need more height to the stands then there is an extra pack of larger support stands which can be purchased. These are four tail supports (80mm, 90mm, 100mm & 110mm high), and 4 pairs of wing supports (75mm, 85mm, 95mm and 105mm high). These parts are on one flat sheet and just press out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Filled with my 1/48 Me 262 to give scale

bin.jpg

Twin Boom Supports

If you are making or going to make a twin tail boom aircraft then there are also stands which can be purchased for these. These are four tail supports (35mm, 45mm, 55mm & 65mm). These parts are on one flat sheet and just press out.

spacer.png

bin.jpg

Conclusion

This is a well designed stand system which should suit a lot of modeller. The ability to buy extra parts keeps the initial price of the basis unit down.  As well as this stand EBMA make others specifically for armour and railroad modellers.

Very highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/03/2021 at 06:14, Plastimic said:

I have been researching different jigs and watched some reviews. I think if I can find this one, it'll be the one I want. It's got a good price point, it looks simple and it does the job.

They do a full on Jig as well

https://www.ebmahobby.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=112

• Like 1