1/72 Tamiya F/A-18e Pukin Dogs

Hi Guys, 

This is Tamiya reboxing of Italeri kit, the kit has some problems and I need to scratch-built some parts which were not there on the kit. It was not an easy kit to build, there were gaps and need to dry-fit a couple of time. I didn't like kit decals so I had a spare microscale pukin dogs VFA-143 which i used the decals were a little stiff and would crack and you need to be careful about it. I added a pair of GBU-10 and kept most of the weapon pylons empty. Will keep it short, so here it is

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thank you for looking and any feedback is welcome.

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 29

20 minutes ago, Bejay53 said:

Hi there! Looks good.

What did you do For the finish? Preshade or black base?

i like the uneven shading (mottling), looks like a worn finish.

Hello Bejay,
Nay, am not that skill to do the black base, I used Tamiya XF-66 and mix little bit of black and white to give different modulations of the paint once it is done, a very diluted brown and black on the join to give worn look. Much appreciated for the kind words

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:27 PM, stevehnz said:

Really Nice Tom, a great looking Super Bug. (least I think that is what they're called :) )

Steve.

Thank you Steve, appreciate the kind words, cheers

On 6/30/2020 at 3:35 PM, F-32 said:

Nicely done :clap:

Thanks, Bud

Nice looking Super Hornet. Thanks for letting us know the kit has some issues. Good information for all of us.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing, both the kit and your experiences !!

Not easy but you did a very fine kit from this base...

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 7:29 PM, SAT69 said:

Nice looking Super Hornet. Thanks for letting us know the kit has some issues. Good information for all of us.

Thank you @SAT69 it had some problem and it was bit of challenge fixing it, but I dont blame them it was make some time ago

On 7/3/2020 at 3:51 AM, corsaircorp said:

Thanks for sharing, both the kit and your experiences !!

Not easy but you did a very fine kit from this base...

Sincerely.

CC

Much appreciate mate,  sometime I guess it okay to have these type of challenging kits, you learn one or two things while making it 

On 7/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, JagRigger said:

Got one under completion myself after at least 12 years on the shelf of doom. Hope it ends up as good as yours

@JagRiggerI guess it is time to take out the kit and complete it, Much appreciated for the kind words

• Like 1