Tamiya 1/48 De Havilland Mosquito PR MkIV

Hi There,

This kit was given to me by my latest trainee at work after he passed out as a thank-you. This is the first time in over 30 years that this has happened to me and I was very touched by it.

Undercoat - Ultimate Primer Grey

Paints - Colourcoats Interior Grey Green, Colourcoats PRU Blue, Tamiya Rubber and Nato Blacks and Vallejo Model Air Aluminium.

Final Coat Windsor and Newton Galeria Satin Varnish.

Aftermarket - Eduard photoetch, canopy mask set and Uschi Van Der Rosten Rigging for aerials.

On with the pictures

ZHw2oqk.jpg

llkuHQZ.jpg

pTjSRp8.jpg

SjV8CCo.jpg

mknvCGc.jpg

j5oK21Q.jpg

2coqX8V.jpg

5JrHLvu.jpg

As always,

Thanks for looking and all comments and criticism welcome.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter W said:

Got to love a PR Mosquito. Great looking build Alistair and I do like the base that you've sat it on, simple and effective.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks very much.

In the interests of honesty I have to admit the base is just something I threw together to make photographing stuff easier.

Cheers,

Alistair

18 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Hi Pete,

Thanks very much.

In the interests of honesty I have to admit the base is just something I threw together to make photographing stuff easier.

Cheers,

Alistair

Maybe Alistair, but it works perfectly.

Pete

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

Many Thanks

12 hours ago, Shark444 said:

Fantastic.  EVERYTHING looks awesome in P.R.U. Blue in my opinion, but Mosquitoes most of all.

This is just great!

Thanks it is a gorgeous colour.

11 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Nice Mossie! No critique at all except that I think mine will not look as nice as yours and I never get such nice presents :D

Cheers

Markus

Thank you, I've never had a trainee do anything like that before. I was very pleasantly surprised.

11 hours ago, Baldy said:

Really nice looking Mossie Alistair

Cheers

Malcolm

Thank you so much.

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a lovely present, you obviously trained them well.  You have done a lovely job on the Mossie too, it does look lovely in PRU blue, great work.

All the best

Chris

Many thanks.

The Colourcoats PRU Blue is a gorgeous colour and goes on so easily and is so forgiving for someone as ham-fisted as me.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

That's lovely. Such an elegant machine.

Thanks very much.

The Mossie was one of my favourite builds when I was young she has such beautiful lines.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Very well built model and I too like the way it's displayed. Wish I could throw together a display base and have it come out that nice!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Very well built model and I too like the way it's displayed. Wish I could throw together a display base and have it come out that nice!

Thanks very much.

The base which was a Tesco cheapie was just sanded lightly to distress it masked off brushed with diluted pva and then coated with some green stuff. If I can do it then anyone can.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

An inspiring build of a great looking aircraft. I'm more into single engined props but can't resist a Mossie, Your lovely build confirms my feelings as I bought mine (1/72 Tam) because I found the blue scheme suits the plane sooo nicely. 

16 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Cracking job Ali :)

Thanks very much for that Jamie, but i feel that most of the credit is due to your paint which goes down so easily and well that it makes the efforts of a "Ham-Fisted Bun-Vendor" like me look almost competent.

Cheers,

Alistair

45 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Thanks very much for that Jamie, but i feel that most of the credit is due to your paint which goes down so easily and well that it makes the efforts of a "Ham-Fisted Bun-Vendor" like me look almost competent.

Cheers,

Alistair

That's very kind of you to say so, but I've seen some folk make it look like toothpaste applied with a broken finger so perhaps you do yourself a disservice :D

• Haha 1