AIRTOURS A320 REVELL 1/144

HI everyone, just finished this one oob with no issues at all and a very enjoyable build, decals are from liveries unlimited and AA for the windows .The decals have been sitting in my folder for best part of twenty years so thought it was time to use them.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         50054404547_aae375a2c2_k.jpg50054411832_288c7c3baf_k.jpgDSC01777 by michael hobday, on Flickr://flic.kr/p/2jg8UAX]DSC01776[/url] by 50054409727_c2ade7a592_k.jpgDSC01778 by michael hobday, on Flickr://50053582578_98ee5b8b1d_k.jpgDSC01779 by michael hobday, on Flickr/photos/15250054160111_9bc70b6919_k.jpgDSC01784 by michael hobday, on Flickr029354@N02/]michael hobday[/url], on Flickr

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Hi Michael,

I like it! This is the first time I've seen this smart livery on a model, I'm considering the same one on a 757. Great to see more use of AA windows.

Well done with masking the curve at the rear of the fuselage, never easy to get right.

I'm impressed by the colour match to the blue titles, which blue did you use?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. I didn't realise Liveries Unlimited had done that scheme. I have a set of DACO decals for it in my stash and seeing how well your model turned out is rather tempting me!

Thanks for sharing

Dave G

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Michael,

I like it! This is the first time I've seen this smart livery on a model, I'm considering the same one on a 757. Great to see more use of AA windows.

Well done with masking the curve at the rear of the fuselage, never easy to get right.

I'm impressed by the colour match to the blue titles, which blue did you use?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian,yes was pleased to be able to match the blue, I used a colour called AERO NIGHT BLUE from the plastikote range available in Hobbycraft also I think I have seen them in some diy stores. Looking forward to seeing your 757 in the future I think its quite a classy livery.  Cheers Michael.

Hi everyone I made a mistake in the heading to this post ,the decals are from Skyline decals and not liveries unlimited as quoted, sorry for misleading you was getting muddled with my next project.                                                                                                                      Cheers Michael.

Hi Michael!

Wow! She’s absolutely stunning! Very nice job on this one! At first glance, I thought you had used clear parts for the cockpit, but upon reading your intro, saw that you’ve used the AA life like windows. Brilliant! And the decals are 20 years old?? Seriously? Did you have much trouble out of them, upon application? Just a fine job here! Thanks for sharing. :penguin:

• Like 1

My first foreign holiday was taken onboard an Airtours aircraft back in 1991.

No idea what the aircraft type was though.

Great finish you've had there too :)

• Like 1

Another good one, one of the neatest to date. Did I see the pilot moving in the cockpit?

• Like 1

The magic that airliner modelers can work in 1/144 scale ever amazes me. Yours is a first rate example of what I'm talking about. Most impressive!

• Like 1

That is a very good finish, thanks for sharing and adding to the model airliners collection! Superb!

I don't envy you doing the blue underside, one thing I never look forward to is painting undersides! As commented by others, I too agree the match to the rear decals is seamless, and matches perfectly.

Thanks for sharing!

James,

• Like 1