1/48 AW101 330 Sqn RNoAF Search & Rescue

2 minutes ago, IV(AC)Plumb said:

'm interested to see how the CH149 Mk2's come out now that Canada has committed to upgrading the ex marine one (VH71a)Merlin's it aquuired.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome, the VH-71s were always an option but the cost of converting the airframes was prohibitive. The latest option was to use components from the VH71 and have new airframes (611- i think?) but with covid and all that the Cormorant Mid Life Upgrade is on hold for now. No idea of which way it was going but I think the new airframe option is now too expensive. We wait with anticipation! I got the Belcher conversion, it goes along way to convert it but there is still alot to do! I'm hoping to start this spring!

26 minutes ago, moaning dolphin said:

It'll be interesting to see the outcome, the VH-71s were always an option but the cost of converting the airframes was prohibitive. The latest option was to use components from the VH71 and have new airframes (611- i think?) but with covid and all that the Cormorant Mid Life Upgrade is on hold for now. No idea of which way it was going but I think the new airframe option is now too expensive. We wait with anticipation! I got the Belcher conversion, it goes along way to convert it but there is still alot to do! I'm hoping to start this spring!

I'll give it a bit of thought on any issues I had, I remember replacing the ramp mounting pins with brass ones inserted from the main undercarriage bays

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
6 hours ago, wellsprop said:

What do you plan to do for decals? Im looking at doing this conversion myself! 

Vingtor Decals has done a full set for Norwegian AW101 in 1/72 (as the XtraDecals are useless). But so far not in 1/48.

Nils

• Like 1

• 6 months later...