1/48 AW101 330 Sqn RNoAF Search & Rescue

This is the incorrectly marked aircraft used for the delivery ceremony. Incorrect typefaces for RESCUE and tail numbers and unhanded coat of arms on the tail fin (the lion should face forward on both sides). This has since been corrected.

• Like 2

On 16/11/2020 at 16:08, Jfgred1 said:

The removal of printing media is not a difficult task. A little attention is needed. Yes British ( ground-based specimens These are the HC version with rear ramp) using this rotor

• Like 1

On 30/11/2020 at 23:28, IV(AC)Plumb said:

OK more paint on today, I resorted to Halfords appliance white and fluorescent orange!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

A little bit of bleed but nothing thata will be an issue, now for some matt black...

Compliments. I really like how SAR Queen is coming. Soon I will start making the left door with ladder and winch.Congratulations again on the job.

• Thanks 1

Fairly happy with the Day-Glow orange, as anticipated the gloss coat calmed it down a little, anyway onto the black (some matt some gloss) and some decal some painted.

Lots of little corrections and details to pick out too....she might have to wait for her TR, Searchlight and Winch @SimPlai is all over that bit!

I did do a very light panel line wash as I'm not a fan of factory fresh paint and from my experience with harriers, i know it won't take long for the dirt to start showing!

Actually looking forwards to the literally dozens of stencils on this....

TBH I'm a little nervous when time comes to remove the window masking!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by IV(AC)Plumb
sp
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So close, nearly there....

To do list:

Winches & strops

Support guide for crew door

Underslung load rig

Polish all windows/Cockpit glazing

Find some crew!

minor touch ups

So many tiny details that are different to the Merlin HC3 here's just a few

• All new cabin interior
  • AESA radar antenna @SimPlai
  • New nose @SimPlai
  • Searchlight
  • Tai Rotor @SimPlai
  • new aerial fit
  • new nav lights
  • All searchlights replace with MV lenses ( or 1/43 car headlights)
  • Window positions
  • Bubble windows
  • Blank off unwanted windows
  • cut new windows
  • Tint cockpit
  • Custom decals @perdu
  • Scratch built crew entry steps
  • custom "wet floor"
  • Scratch built cockpit blinds

I won't declare this done as I've still the winches to add.... @SimPlai

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Convinced this would be a best seller if @airfix did this as a re-release modified to do this version, the Canadian Cormorant CH149 and the Italian AW101 CSAR one!

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Great work in converting that, very impressive, the extra work really does make it stand out, its amazing how different the same aircraft can be between other users. I've just managed to get the kit and conversion set to do a CH149 Cormorant and started making notes on the differences there, should be fun!

Well done on a fine model!

Bob

4 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

Great work in converting that, very impressive, the extra work really does make it stand out, its amazing how different the same aircraft can be between other users. I've just managed to get the kit and conversion set to do a CH149 Cormorant and started making notes on the differences there, should be fun!

Well done on a fine model!

Bob

Thanks Bob, the Belcher bits set makes things a lot easier if that's the one you have?

I'm interested to see how the CH149 Mk2's come out now that Canada has committed to upgrading the ex marine one (VH71a)Merlin's it aquuired...

Edited by IV(AC)Plumb