'Communication Breakdown'

Already posted in the vehicle section, but the diorama aspect posted here too...

Revell 1949 Mercury rust rod, posed against a scrcatchbuilt street and wall. The base is a Hobbycraft frame, cut to size.  The wall is made from foam board with the outer card layer taken off then marked up. The road surface is 1200 grade wet and dry paper.  Phone booth from Doozy in resin is superb, and the LED lights are from smallscalelights.co.uk, who I highly recommend.  Street light is scracth built from brass & plastic tube, with a 'bag stud' used s the shade and LED light from the same source as the car lights (Controlled by a 3 x AAA battery box on the rear of the wall).  All the posters are from 1972 and were downloaded from the net.

Photos were taken using a smart phone and a Esddi photo box mini studio (recommended! - basically a large black box with 156 LED lights at the top with adjustable brightness).

Thoroughly enjoyed the build and look forward to starting the next one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 19

As I said before, you have definitely  captured the essence of

the Old 50's car with a SUPER vignette/Diorama.

:wub:

:heart:

:thumbsup:

The small details such as the phone box, the poster ,your hard work on the wall , the street litter , light,and street "furniture" etc shows you have picked a real Street to place your STUNNING work.

It goes well..  :goodjob:   :yahoo:

.BEAUTIFUL work and your  setting is PERFECTION.

:worthy:

:worthy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good job on the Merc, I quite like the peeling paint and rust . The street posters and basic details are very nicely executed.

The night shots are... disturbing.

What the hell just happened here?

The open hood, the lights shining and the phone just dangling from it's cord...

Kinda creepy.

I like it!

• Thanks 1