Airbrush Connections

DMC

I have an airbrush that I want to try out but am a bit puzzled about the hose connection.  In photo, it is the top one.  An inexpensive, single action one from the Far East.  The fitting is of a type that I remember as needing a hose clamp, fuel lines, etc.  The one below it, with a quick disconnect fitting is the one I am using now.   I would like a similar fitting for the single action but have, despite much searching, had little success.  My compressor is one of those £69 jobs that came with the quick disconnect hose.  Works ok for the price but I would a hose connection that is more versatile.   

That quick disconnect fitting in the photo will not work.

Any help or comments very very much appreciated.

Dennis

resized_223cf219-8a1c-4dce-b19e-d844091f

The fitting is the sort that you just push into a vinyl hose.  It looks to be a double action brush as well..

What you need is a smallpiece of 6mm clear hose and a quick release connector attached to it.  Cost would be about £5

https://www.modellingtools.co.uk/hose-connection-18-female-to-hose-4x6mm-104153-3576-p.asp

Paul

Thank you indeed for the timely reply.  So that’s it then. Funny thing is for all my searching I’ve yet to happen across anything that resembles it.  I’ll have one of those from you but first I’ll have a look at your Site to see if there’s anything I need to add to the order.  

The airbrush is is definitely a single action.  I have about five or six (lost count) airbrushes.  Except for my old Badger 150 they are all of the inexpensive Far Eastern varietiy.  Two came with my compressor and are pretty useless but the KMoon has been okay.   I’ve been around long enough to know that you get what you pay for and if I was way back, waaay back, in my 30s or 40s I’d spring for quality instead of price.

About the Badger, which I’ve had for 35 years, it was a lucky purchase as I knew zilch about airbrushes back then.  I’d still be using it except that the fitting, a 1/8 nipple thing, that connected to the cranked metal tubing on the Badger air hose just wore out and instead of trying to fix the Badger I started my collection of inexpensive airbrushes.  

I will I’ll dig out the Badger hose and post a photo.  Perhaps you’ll be able to sort that out for me.

I’ve done business with you before through your Site and at SMW a couple of years ago.  Always been a pleasure dealing with you.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Dennis

@little-cars here is the Badger rig.  Compressor end of hose and fitting cross threaded.  Such fine threads and no amount of plumbers tape helped.  I always thought the metal tubing put a strain on the fittings. Maybe not.  I don’t think Badger uses this setup anymore.   Badger prices right up there these days.  I think I paid about $25/30 for the 150 back in the ‘80s  One hundred and more now

Dennis

resized_b745de76-6c34-4a50-83aa-2c756162

3 hours ago, DMC said:

@little-cars here is the Badger rig.  Compressor end of hose and fitting cross threaded.  Such fine threads and no amount of plumbers tape helped.  I always thought the metal tubing put a strain on the fittings. Maybe not.  I don’t think Badger uses this setup anymore.   Badger prices right up there these days.  I think I paid about $25/30 for the 150 back in the ‘80s  One hundred and more now

Dennis

resized_b745de76-6c34-4a50-83aa-2c756162

I think the badger fittings ae the same size, but I would go with a new hose with quick release adapter on the brush(es).  And a new hose with quick release connector. Makes taking the brush off and on very quick & easy without damaging the thread any more. And keeps the air in the compressor when you take the brush off to clean it up.  Paul

Hi Paul,

You can do this? If so, and with the other fitting, what’s the total price?  Having to unscrew the fitting to rinse out the airbrush at the sink was annoying.  

Dennis

34 minutes ago, DMC said:

Hi Paul,

You can do this? If so, and with the other fitting, what’s the total price?  Having to unscrew the fitting to rinse out the airbrush at the sink was annoying.  

Dennis

For a 2m hose, £4 for the adapter that goes on  the badger brush, £9 for the quick release connector for the hose, £2 for 2 metres of hose and £4 for a connector to screw on the compressor. £4 postage (UK), £19 in all.

https://www.modellingtools.co.uk/airbrush-hose-to-your-specification--from-900-11792-p.asp

Adaptors for the airbrush..... to the compressor I need to sort out, what is the output fitting  on the compressor ?

Ta,

Paul