Fujimi SH-3H Sea King. "Take two"

Hi folk's,I put a bid in on E-bay a while back on this and the Airfix kit I'm building here not expecting at all to get this one and I even forgot to check until

I got a reminder to pay the very reasonable £13:69 winning bid! So with a good while to go I think I can squeeze this one in:)

Believe it or not I've only ever built one Fujimi kit in my life an A4 Skyhawk years ago.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/fujimi-72072-sikorsky-sh-3h-seaking--159353

• Like 4

Nice choice Steve, I have 2 of these in the stash and was considering building one for this GB.

Both mine have a second decal sheet for USS Midway with about 6 extra options for aircraft aboard her prior to and during Desert Storm.

• Like 1

I just checked out the Scalemates link, this kit has had so many reboxings over the years I must never have left the marketing / art department !

To my shame I've never built a Fujimi kit, although I do have a few in the stash, so a timely reminder to right that wrong.

Good luck with this one

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Hi folk's,kit arrived yesterday and I'm very impressed as the part's are beautifully molded with fine raised lines and recessed panel's where applicable.

As for schemes there's about nine in total.This interesting scheme is an option.

http://www.scale-rotors.com/kit/artikel.php?id=3691

20200707_193238

• Like 9

You will find the interior has a lot more detail than the original took Airfix kit too!

As I mentioned I have a couple of these and choosing a scheme to build them is is difficult with so many options, have decided on a scheme Steve?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

You will find the interior has a lot more detail than the original took Airfix kit too!

As I mentioned I have a couple of these and choosing a scheme to build them is is difficult with so many options, have decided on a scheme Steve?

Ray,I'm going for the dark gray example

From the USS Oklahoma in the link it's just that bit different from what what tends to be done.

• Like 3

Hi folk's,time to put the disappointment of the Airfix kit behind and crack on with this one,a dry run shows a beautiful fit of the fuselage halves 

with the interior fitted.

20200719_154634

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice Steve, thats a good looking interior for an older kit.

Once painted and busied up should look nice Craig,I'm not sure how correct it is for the version I'm building but not getting bogged down trying

to find the correct references.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's, 

not as refined as the Cyberhobby or Airfix kit's (but a much better fit than the latter) here's the interior painted.

20200729_185740

• Like 6

Evening folk's fuselage buttoned up without any drama's and progressing well masking next as I want the fuselage painted before adding the

sponson's.

20200802_203511

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...