Ta 152 - knowledge/speculation required

Werdna

4 hours ago, flyingdoctor said:

Tank

How did you meet Willi Reschke and Walter Loos and what is their problem with the "American"? Is it about personality or his recearch?

Cheers

I met both of them at signing events Reschke at Duxford, that was very entertaining as he told a particularly loud ex B-17 rear gunner what would have happened to him. The passing of time had definitely not eased any tension. He certainly shut him up anyway, music to my ears it was. As for the orange Ta, he who laughs last, laughs the longest. 

Loos was never part of any signing event he'd come along with someone so it was just pure luck that I met him.

I best not elaborate anymore, I don't want to be upsetting our friends from across the pond that frequently this forum.

4 hours ago, Werdna said:

I can imagine - two teams of ground crew, each carrying tins of whatever paint was left in the stores..... ;)

Sorry but thats just ridiculous to think any old paint was simply thrown on aircraft even at the end of the war. You tell tell by looking at the camouflage which factory assembled the likes of the Fw190 D,  and even the last Bf109s.

If you're interested in the Ta152 then I suggest you invest in Edition No 29 of Luftwaffe im Focus as there is a nice article about the use of the Ta152 in JG301.

59 minutes ago, tank152 said:

Sorry but thats just ridiculous to think any old paint was simply thrown on aircraft even at the end of the war. You tell tell by looking at the camouflage which factory assembled the likes of the Fw190 D,  and even the last Bf109s.

Tank - of course it's ridiculous!  I think you may have missed the attempt at slapstick humour in that comment (hence the 'winking smiley) - and I've no doubt you're correct about the paint.  The variations in paint schemes is, in particular, what interests me about these late war aircraft.

Thanks for the tip on the article - I'll see if I can track one down..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Werdna said:

Tank - of course it's ridiculous!  I think you may have missed the attempt at slapstick humour in that comment (hence the 'winking smiley) - and I've no doubt you're correct about the paint.  The variations in paint schemes is, in particular, what interests me about these late war aircraft.

Thanks for the tip on the article - I'll see if I can track one down..

Yes, sorry if I came across a tad snappy.

2 minutes ago, tank152 said:

Yes, sorry if I came across a tad snappy.

No probs.  Just so you're aware though, I will be tapping you in the next few weeks for some D-9 paint schemes... ;) 

• Like 1