Takom IDF Tiran 4

I hadn't noticed before that Takom give you T-55 wheels for the first axle. Although these are commonly seen fitted as replacements on T-54s and earlier T-55s they were not standard fit until the T-55A. Note the larger hub, housing larger bearings. They are appropriate here.

Can I point out that there are a fair few mould lines and sprue attachment points still visible on smaller parts. They can be hard work to remove and paint has a habit of showing just how many you missed!

Also, IDF tanks were very rarely devoid of all tactical markings and serials were always carried. By 1973 they had taken to applying serials with welding rod as well as painting, so that burned-out tanks could be ID'd.

Thanks Das

Serial number plate was still in the box but it's on there now. Mold lines and sprue attachments are eyes not as young as they used to be, lol.

More pics coming with some dark treatment to the cracks, etc but taken before the serial number plate was attached to the glacis.

Lloyd

Final pics of the Tiran 4.  Some in sunlight and some in shade, quite a difference. This is after some gloss and some Dark

Brown Panel Liner. Shows the detail better and I did add the serial number plate after these photos were taken so it's done.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Hi Lloyd, I rather like that! 

Never done a T55, or anything of that family, seeing yours and Johns recently it is tempting, as if I need an excuse...

Nice work

Darryl 

• 1 month later...