HMS Swift - Hong Kong Patrol Craft

35 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Also want some help with this marking( NOT the Flags) would it be on the rear deck as a marker point for helicopter stores drop off as the ship does not have a big enough deck

Beefy, the patrol boats I served on had winching areas fwd and aft marked with a white circle with a cross inside if that helps, but this might.....

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=698991

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

... Also want some help with this marking( NOT the Flags) would it be on the rear deck as a marker point for helicopter stores drop off as the ship does not have a big enough deck ...

beefy,

Here's a link to another aerial view of LÉ Orla taken in 2007 -  http://www.irelandaerialphotography.com/dr_f2_1915a.jpg.  I blew the photo up (not the ship :winkgrin:) but couldn't find any circular pattern on the deck.

Edit: Here's a link to a photo showing LÉ Orla aerial replenishment - http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7110/7872601520_e351a40bfd_c.jpg

John

Edited by JohnWS
  • Thanks 1

Roger and John thanks again for such quick replies I think from looking at the LÉ Orla she underwent a few changes from the time I want to portray Swift so a white X marks the spot  :pirate:

Cheers Lads

beefy

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

If you're referring to the circle with the cross in it, it's not a decal it's a registration mark to assist in alignment  when printing the different colours .

Thanks Dave see you do learn something everyday on this site  :book:

Well built up the main mast and added the warning decals to the turret sides and the steering wheel on the RIBB

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 12

On 8/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, robgizlu said:

Shaping up very nicely - that gantry just looks Fab

Rob

On 8/27/2020 at 10:21 PM, longshanks said:

Looking right on Matey  :thumbsup:

On 8/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, Silenoz said:

Looking good alltogether.

On 8/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, Terry1954 said:

Really like that mast arrangement Beefy. Looking very ship shape indeed!

On 8/27/2020 at 11:29 PM, Murdo said:

Cracking job on that mast!!!

It must be pretty fragile.

Thanks gents for the kind words and likes Murdo Fragile is not the words I used to describe this at the third attempt of building it  :rant:

But eventually got it somewhere near what it was supposed to look like anway for a mear couple of hours work so far this week managed to get the RIB on to the stands and strapped down also been adding some of the upper deck railings and name plates

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 13

Well things have slowed on this build just have to wait for the layers of gel to set to build up the base.

Not quite the Cruel Sea version @longshanks is stunningly creating but it is definitely very Blue

spacer.png

spacer.png

Don't be fooled by how bright it is this will darken down when curing.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

This is looking very good, its a great little kit and you are certainly doing it justice (you have gone further than I did, ...what with the ladder rungs under the bridge......serious respect there dude !!).

Cheers

David

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Dancona said:

This is looking very good, its a great little kit and you are certainly doing it justice

Thank you David it was your build that gave me the inspiration to start this build and after talking to Peter Hall his advice is invaluable

So working on the sea base using the same Pacific vallejo gel for some reason it has not gone dark enough to my eyes I have added an extra layer of making waves so think this has made the impression of a lighter top layer may have to darken it up a bit what do you all think??

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe and Separate people the rules are clear  or not to some people 🤔

beefy

• Like 9

The colour looks OK to me for the Pacific

Looks cracking build

:clap2:

53 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Stay Safe and Separate people the rules are clear  or not to some people 🤔

Why should we have our lives put on hold by idiots who cannot follow simple instructions

Keep safe stay away from humans

Kev

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Cowing Lush!

(I've just got back froom Wales)

Rob

Cheers Rob have you escaped the curfew these lockdowns are throwing out some strange sayings  :think:

Stay Safe

beefy