HMS Swift - Hong Kong Patrol Craft

17 hours ago, JohnWS said:

They look solid (at least on the port side)

Looking at some earlier photos John I wonder if these solid doors were added after refits this one looks like a half glass wooden one

The kit instructions say add decals  :hypnotised:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Been doing some other work on the aft lifting jibs just to refine them a bit and the main gun think it must have snapped I thought it looked a bit short so replaced with a spare brass one and completed adding the bridge details well for my standard anyway

the hand rails were cut up spare ladders from my Trafalgar PE

6 hours ago, steve5 said:

just caught up with this build beefy , looking good , that masking would have tested your patience .

Yes steve it did and you can see from this how rough it is  :hypnotised:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Looking at some earlier photos John I wonder if these solid doors were added after refits this one looks like a half glass wooden one

The bridge doors are solid steel watertight doors, the wooden one you can see are additional to those for peacetime use and are removeable, hope that makes sense and helps.

Roger. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

The bridge doors are solid steel watertight doors, the wooden one you can see are additional to those for peacetime use and are removeable, hope that makes sense and helps.

Roger.

Thank you Roger great help that just nailed it solid it is then will look better than a decal and I can probably see it better  :hypnotised:

Cheers

beefy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Thank you Roger great help that just nailed it solid it is then will look better than a decal and I can probably see it better  :hypnotised:

Cheers

beefy

I'm at sea at the moment Beefy and downloading and uploading is a bit of a chore but I hope you can see what I mean here.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=type+42&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi9hKWd0ITrAhUXG-wKHfCND4YQ2-cCegQIABAB&oq=type+42&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgcIIxDqAhAnOgQIIxAnOggIABCxAxCDAToFCAAQsQM6BAgAEEM6BwgAELEDEENQ4I8ZWKfAGWDCyBloAXAAeASAAbsRiAH_X5IBDzItMS4xLjUuMC4xLjktNJgBAKABAbABBcABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=gvEqX727LZe2sAfwm76wCA&bih=800&biw=1280&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=nisv#imgrc=1Tal7TCkKcFovM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again for your help Roger think I have it it’s the type with the small porthole glass will have to have a good look at the spares box or have a word with Peter for more extras. 👍

cheers

beefy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beefy66 said:

Thanks again for your help Roger think I have it it’s the type with the small porthole glass will have to have a good look at the spares box or have a word with Peter for more extras. 👍

cheers

beefy

Glad to help, when I get back on dry land tomorrow I'll actually be able to see what you are doing. 😃

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

Roger. 

The wooden doors are there purely to preserve some sort of air-conditioning boundary - they're used in lots of ships and are, as Roger says, removable.  The idea is that you can have the full-on, steel, watertight door latched open (so the OOW can easily get onto the bridge wing in a hurry), but without asking your poor air conditioning plant to try cooling half of Hong Kong.

• Like 6

Cheers Lads I am really enjoying this little kit as for the doors an order was placed and should be with me soon just need to get my finger out and start on some of the tiny stuff  :hypnotised:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1

Well postman left a couple of parcels this week those big boy again  :doh:

Extra doors and decals

spacer.png

spacer.png

also got the hatch set for the deck

spacer.png

and started on the mast little bit of squaring up to do on that

spacer.png

Oh and from @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies another couple of bits for future builds

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And by way of @robgizlu for a cruiser idea I have yes another of those beefy bonkers ideas

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 13

Well a good coat of Clear and decals fitted to hull and bridge windows so much easier than trying to paint them in :hypnotised:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 10

15 hours ago, beefy66 said:

spacer.png

I agree with Chris, that is looking good, especially that bit at the end, I so love a neat rear end!

I know, more nautical types will tell me what it's really called...... Stern, Transom, Quarterdeck, Aft bit .......??????

Terry

• Haha 2

So more decals for the deck using the Atlantic deck warning set

Also want some help with this marking( NOT the Flags) would it be on the rear deck as a marker point for helicopter stores drop off as the ship does not have a big enough deck

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 3

On 8/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Terry1954 said:

I agree with Chris, that is looking good, especially that bit at the end, I so love a neat rear end!

I know, more nautical types will tell me what it's really called...... Stern, Transom, Quarterdeck, Aft bit .......??????

Terry

Well id say Stern but then FAAWAFU might call it something else ...he went to Naval college whereas im just a Woo🤣

• Haha 3