Hasegawa MV-22B Osprey

• 2 weeks later...

Engine nacelles complete and installed. The resin replacement engine looks good.spacer.png

The only thing left was the rotors. Thought about converting the kit blades, butchered a few with out success. With the build in danger of stalling I decided to use the resin blades. I tried placing them in hot water and bending to reduce the visible handed issues, only partly successful. Picture below before painting (apologies for the fuzzy photo)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Final outcome wasn't too bad. I enjoyed the build until I got to the rotors, was in danger of joining the shelf of doom.

One for the back of the display cabinet, not the front.

Will post up some better pictures for the gallery later in the week.

• Like 9

Well I would never have noticed the rotors if you hadn't mentioned them, but I'm not really an aircraft expert :)  I think it still looks good, nice clean build.  I'd like to add an Osprey to my cabinet (when I get a cabinet).

• 3 weeks later...

A superb build, and as others have already mentioned I would not have noticed the difference in the rotors. Still this info will come in handy whenever I get around to doing this with mine as I have the same set as yourself.

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, Jb65rams said:

Engine nacelles complete and installed. The resin replacement engine looks good.spacer.png

The only thing left was the rotors. Thought about converting the kit blades, butchered a few with out success. With the build in danger of stalling I decided to use the resin blades. I tried placing them in hot water and bending to reduce the visible handed issues, only partly successful. Picture below before painting (apologies for the fuzzy photo)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Final outcome wasn't too bad. I enjoyed the build until I got to the rotors, was in danger of joining the shelf of doom.

One for the back of the display cabinet, not the front.

Will post up some better pictures for the gallery later in the week.

Really like the work you did with this kit. I am building this kit right now (with no where near the detail of yours, mine will have the wheels up on the stand in the flying position) and plan to finish it in the same scheme that you finished yours in which is one of the decal options which come with the kit. Like you I plan to paint the red on the tails and I was curious to know what red you used?